The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Is anyone else suddenly having problems with Comical?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Is anyone else suddenly having problems with Comical?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Is anyone else suddenly having problems with Comical? Reply with quote

Not sure why, but for the last few days every time I try to open Comical, nothing happens. The icon on my taskbar appears, but when I mouse over it, it's blank and the window never appears. Anyone got any ideas on how to fix it? I even tried reinstalling it and the same thing happened.
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming a Windows environment - check your antivirus. Particularly if it is Norton, it can be a bit overzealous; you might need to whitelist the application specifically.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarn wrote:
I'm assuming a Windows environment - check your antivirus. Particularly if it is Norton, it can be a bit overzealous; you might need to whitelist the application specifically.

And how do I do that exactly? And I'm not sure it's Norton that's causing this. I haven't changed any of my Norton settings (although an update could have screwed something up), but I'm not sure why Norton would suddenly regard Comical, a program which hasn't been changed or updated in 11 years, as a virus threat.

Basically, the Comical icon appears on my taskbar but when I mouse over it, the pre-frame icon above it is just blank. And the actual window never appears.

What the actual f***? Shocked
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: RE: Is anyone else suddenly having problems with Comical? Reply with quote

What is "Comical"?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: RE: Is anyone else suddenly having problems with Comical Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
What is "Comical"?

It's a reader, not unlike Acrobat, for reading comics. It can unpack standard comic compressed files, like cbr and cbz.

And, to the OP: My version works fine.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't having any issues with it for a long time since i downloaded it, then when I tried to use it this week, it just doesn't work.

And considering the last version of Comical came out back in 2006, there's no one I can ask to help fix it.

Even reinstalling it didn't help.

EDIT: I finally said "Screw it," and DL'ed CDisplay, a different comic reader program. This one works fine. Hell, I can even use my mouse wheel to scroll through pages with this one!
Whill

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of comics do you guys read?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

I used to read Spider-Man before "One Moment In Time" jumped the shark and had Mephisto dissolve Peter and MJ's marriage as the price to save Aunt May's life. Ugh, Jose "Quesadilla" Quesada is such a hack.
Whill

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Whill wrote:

I used to read Spider-Man before "One Moment In Time" jumped the shark and had Mephisto dissolve Peter and MJ's marriage as the price to save Aunt May's life. Ugh, Jose "Quesadilla" Quesada is such a hack.

What comics do you still read? I haven't bought any in awhile myself. I have a modest collection of mostly DC and Marvel, mostly from my childhood in the 80s.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from buying the new Archie reboot Graphic novels #1 and #2, I haven't bought any comics since the Spider-Man OMIT debacle.

One thing that I'm still looking for is the third graphic novel of Days Missing about an immortal Steward who's human-looking (except for his silver eyes) who has the power to "rewind" time back 24 hours and has done so numerous times to prevent humanity from going extinct. I haven't been able to find Days Missing #3 despite looking for it for years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: