The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

List of First Edition Books
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> First Edition and IAG -> List of First Edition Books
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falconer
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:42 am    Post subject: List of First Edition Books Reply with quote

Core

40001 Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game
40004 Campaign Pack [Gamemaster Screen]

Essential Rules Expansions

40027 Tramp Freighters [Ship Modifications and Repairs]
40050 Planets of the Galaxy, Volume One [Planet Generation System]

Essential Planets

40005 Tatooine Manhunt
40023 Yavin and Bespin

Movie Sourcebooks

40002 The Star Wars Sourcebook
40006 Imperial Sourcebook
40007 The Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
40008 Death Star Technical Companion
40038 A New Hope
40039 The Empire Strikes Back
40040 Return of the Jedi

Novel Sourcebooks

40056 Heir to the Empire Sourcebook

Collections

40041 Alien Races
40046 Cracken’s Rebel Field Guide [Technology]
40057 Planets of the Galaxy, Volume Two

Adventures

40009 Strike Force: Shantipole
40017 Battle for the Golden Sun
40016 Starfall
40018 Otherspace
40020 Scavenger Hunt
40021 Riders of the Maelstrom
40022 Crisis on Cloud City
40028 Otherspace II: Invasion
40030 Black Ice
40033 The Game Chambers of Questal
40036 The Isis Coordinates
40037 Death in the Undercity
40019 Graveyard of Alderaan
40034 Domain of Evil
40049 Planet of the Mists
40052 Mission to Lianna
40053 The Abduction
40067 The Politics of Contraband

“1.5 Edition”

40043 The Star Wars Rules Companion
40048 Gamemaster Kit [Gamemaster Screen]

Star Wars RPG 30th Anniversary Edition Set [FFG]

40001 Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game
40002 The Star Wars Sourcebook

Last edited by Falconer on Fri May 26, 2017 11:23 am; edited 3 times in total
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for compiling and posting this, and with Wookieepedia links. Nice!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Meriba
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very useful! Thanks
Falconer
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pleasure! Glad you liked it, quirks and all! I love making lists, and will be posting notes from my campaign prep from time to time, if there are no objections.
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falconer wrote:
I love making lists, and will be posting notes from my campaign prep from time to time, if there are no objections.

Please do!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Falconer
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone with a more discerning eye take a look at Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook and determine whether it is, indeed, written for 1st Edition? Based on the publication date I would assume it is in fact for 2e, but, based on its WEG stock number it could have been in the works a lot earlier and its print date simply got very delayed. Also it never mentions 2nd Edition, which, it seems to me, most products around 1992-1993 do mention 2e if they are for it.
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falconer wrote:
Can anyone with a more discerning eye take a look at Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook and determine whether it is, indeed, written for 1st Edition? Based on the publication date I would assume it is in fact for 2e, but, based on its WEG stock number it could have been in the works a lot earlier and its print date simply got very delayed. Also it never mentions 2nd Edition, which, it seems to me, most products around 1992-1993 do mention 2e if they are for it.

You can always tell by looking at the stat blocks for ships and vehicles. The big, long stat blocks are 2E. Speed/Move is the dead give-away. If there's a Speed Code, then it's 1E. If there is a Move rating, then it's 2E.

Also, with characters, note the extra skills. The dead give away there is Character Points. 1E doesn't use CPs.

This book is 2E.
Solo4114
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
Falconer wrote:

You can always tell by looking at the stat blocks for ships and vehicles. The big, long stat blocks are 2E. Speed/Move is the dead give-away. If there's a Speed Code, then it's 1E. If there is a Move rating, then it's 2E.

Also, with characters, note the extra skills. The dead give away there is Character Points. 1E doesn't use CPs.

This book is 2E.

That stuff can be converted back to 1E, though, right? I always liked the setting and thought it'd make for some interesting, varied gameplay.
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solo4114 wrote:
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
Falconer wrote:

This book is 2E.

That stuff can be converted back to 1E, though, right? I always liked the setting and thought it'd make for some interesting, varied gameplay.

Absolutely. 2E books are almost fully compatible with 1E.

What you will run into is what I just mentioned. 2E has more skills. So, if you see a character with Space Transports 4D and Starfighter Piloting 5D, then you'll have to decide what the 1E version of the character has as his Starship Piloting skill.

And, if a stock Ghtroc Freighter has a listing for its movement as Space 3, then you'll have to figure its Speed Code.

Other than that, 2E stuff is practically 100% compatible with 1E, though 2E stat blocks will give you more information that you'll just ignore. There's stats on sensors, for example. And, characters are given Character Points. You just ignore those entries when playing 1E.

There's a conversion document in the 2E rulebook. Look at Appendix Two.
Solo4114
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I have the 2E rule book, and saw the appendix, but at least from a quick glance at it, it didn't seem to cover everything (e.g., how to "convert" skills, which I guess is up to the GM and common sense like you describe).

Thanks!
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solo4114 wrote:
Yeah, I have the 2E rule book, and saw the appendix, but at least from a quick glance at it, it didn't seem to cover everything (e.g., how to "convert" skills, which I guess is up to the GM and common sense like you describe).

Yeah, that Appendix Two conversion is the most helpful for Speed Codes, since that is not a quick, intuitive convert.

But, D6 is a very intuitive system in most areas.

Quote:
What you will run into is what I just mentioned. 2E has more skills. So, if you see a character with Space Transports 4D and Starfighter Piloting 5D, then you'll have to decide what the 1E version of the character has as his Starship Piloting skill.

If I see, in the above, that a 2E character has those two skills that need to be combined into the one First Edition skill, then I just need to make up a quick rule that works for me.

Space Transports 4D
Starfighter Piloting 5D

Starship Piloting

I'd look at the character for clues first. Is he supposed to be a starfighter jockey? Or, does he own a freighter. If he owns a freighter, I might go with Starship Piloting 4D and ignore the Starfighter Piloting entry.

Or, I could just default to the highest of the 2E skills: Starship Piloting 5D.

Or...I could average them: Starship Piloting 4D+2.
Falconer
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1e - 2e conversion notes are in the 2e rulebook but not the 2e R&E rulebook, IIRC.

Anyway, thanks, too bad the Corporate Sector book is not for 1e, but, of course that doesn’t mean it should be spaced!
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falconer wrote:
The 1e - 2e conversion notes are in the 2e rulebook but not the 2e R&E rulebook, IIRC.

Correct, the 1st to 2nd Edition Starship & Vehicles Conversion charts were only published as an appendix in the original "blue Vader" 2e core. (R&E was published 4 years after the 1e line had ended so at that point they were only concerned with updating the second edition rules set.) The conversion appendix is also available here.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> First Edition and IAG All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: