The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Google+: This post isn't about the Rancor Pit but...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> Google+: This post isn't about the Rancor Pit but... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
PM me with your Google account, and I'll see if i can extend you an invite from the SWD6 community, too

Thank you. PM sent. Here's hoping this works.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUCCESS!

It turns out, all I needed to do was create a Gmail account even though I already had a Google account. (That really would have been nice to know a few weeks ago....)

I'm still gonna use my old email, though. Too much damn trouble to switch addresses. Razz

I just downloaded both the combined Rogue One document (51 pages, not too horrifying) and the Rebels Season 3 document (Jeebus farkin' Christ, 311 pages??? REALLY? The damn thing is even bigger than the LotF book! Shocked ) so I'll take a look at them and note my comments on my copies in red text. As to where to deliver my edited copies, I don't know yet, but I expect I shall find out in good time.

Ok, gotta get back to my Real Life (TM) work.
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully, the counsellor managed to make it through. We figured it out in the back and forth while trying to add him as editor to the Rogue One and Rebels S3 sourcebooks. Huzzah!

And heh, those 51 pages of Rogue One account for only what has been transferred to the group doc. Only entries for the Rebellion -- not yet even counting the forces at Scarif -- have been transferred. The other completed entries are still separate docs that have yet to transferred to the combined document draft. Those 50 pages will likely quadruple, at the very least, when all is said and done.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telsij wrote:
Thankfully, the counsellor managed to make it through. We figured it out in the back and forth while trying to add him as editor to the Rogue One and Rebels S3 sourcebooks. Huzzah!

And heh, those 51 pages of Rogue One account for only what has been transferred to the group doc. Only entries for the Rebellion -- not yet even counting the forces at Scarif -- have been transferred. The other completed entries are still separate docs that have yet to transferred to the combined document draft. Those 50 pages will likely quadruple, at the very least, when all is said and done.

Yeah, I downloaded all the other docs and organized them in matching folders. I've already done a (very little) bit of piecemeal editing on a couple of documents, including the write-up of Nail, Jyn's cellmate on Wobani, and the U-Wing co-pilot.

But yeah, apparently, it's so early in the editing process that the "complete" document isn't anywhere near complete yet. (No wonder these boys need my help. Razz 8) )

And I should have done so long ago, but I just ordered my copy of the Rogue One visual Guide. Considering how integral that is to the Rogue One Sourcebook, it would have been irresponsible of me to try to edit the Sourcebook without it. I should get my copy tomorrow; may the gawds bless Amazon Prime!

Of course, I'd prefer to have all the separate documents in one big file as that would make it easier to edit in order, but editing small separate files won't be a problem as long as I proceed in alphabetical order, file by file and folder by folder. I just have to make sure I don't lose my place as I edit.

And the 50 pages merely quadrupling? Telsij, I think you're being far too conservative. If this book doesn't break at least 275 pages, I might be inclined to consider it a severe moral failing on my part. 8) (Seriously, there's alot of stuff to edit, so I wouldn't be surprised if the R1 book gets to 275 pages. Shocked )
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
But yeah, apparently, it's so early in the editing process that the "complete" document isn't anywhere near complete yet. (No wonder these boys need my help. Razz 8) )

And I should have done so long ago, but I just ordered my copy of the Rogue One visual Guide. Considering how integral that is to the Rogue One Sourcebook, it would have been irresponsible of me to try to edit the Sourcebook without it. I should get my copy tomorrow; may the gawds bless Amazon Prime!

Of course, I'd prefer to have all the separate documents in one big file as that would make it easier to edit in order, but editing small separate files won't be a problem as long as I proceed in alphabetical order, file by file and folder by folder. I just have to make sure I don't lose my place as I edit.

And the 50 pages merely quadrupling? Telsij, I think you're being far too conservative. If this book doesn't break at least 275 pages, I might be inclined to consider it a severe moral failing on my part. 8) (Seriously, there's alot of stuff to edit, so I wouldn't be surprised if the R1 book gets to 275 pages. Shocked )

Heh, it's all true! Though the entries were complete, RL deadlines arrived just in time to halt compilation duties. I think I had to stop shortly after adding the known members of Gold or Red Squadron into the combined doc. As you are probably already well aware, your aid in capital E Editing the R1 GG is much appreciated.

And yeah, 200 pages is prob way conservative. I guess I had it in mind to keep the wookieepedia content to a minimum due to its sometimes/often dubious quality of writing, and so I kept mentally compressing our GG page content!

And yes, the Visual Guide was an excellent resource. Glad that one will be winging its way over to you and yours.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just started looking over the R1 Visual Guide and it looks awesome, (damn, AT-ACTs are twice as tall as regular AT-ATs? Who knew?) but one thing that disappointed me is that there's no information on the Scarif Shield Gate station. I was kinda hoping for at least some mention of its stats.

Ok, back to work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: