The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Interstellar Communications
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Interstellar Communications Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrNexx
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
It's funny, the little tidbits you find tucked into some of the WEG books...

I'm thumbing through Han Solo & The Corporate Sector right now. A lot of the chapters begin with Han Solo monologuing to an Alliance interviewer about aspects of life in the Corporate Sector. On the lead-in to Chapter Four: Security Division (page 42), I found the following:
    "On the other hand, I figure the Empire could function without big rallies, purges or the Execution Channel, but somehow it just wouldn't be fun for them anymore and they know it."

Execution Channel?

Shocked

Earlier, we talked about holo-news segments being transmitted around the galaxy for informative purposes. This is something completely new. Considering how obsessed people here on Earth get with gory entertainment like Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead, it's not too much of a stretch to imagine beings across the galaxy settling down for an evening of watching a firing squad at work, or getting worked up for Disintegration Week on the Execution Channel.

Just wanted to put that out there.

Gives a whole new meaning to Shark Week, I telluwhut.
Bren
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was surprising. I wonder, does Shark Week overlap with Talk like a Pirate Day?
CRMcNeill
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the SWU, it's more likely to be Rancor Week, I would think. There is mention in the SWSB about underground holos being circulated of Jabba's Rancor eating people. Of course, Rancors were supposedly almost unheard of per WEG's history, but they've been used for all kinds of things in the EU ever since...
Bren
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
In the SWU, it's more likely to be Rancor Week, I would think. There is mention in the SWSB about underground holos being circulated of Jabba's Rancor eating people. Of course, Rancors were supposedly almost unheard of per WEG's history, but they've been used for all kinds of things in the EU ever since...
And some author put Rancors on Dathomir so they became even more common.
Whill
Site Admin

Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, The Whills Universe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
CRMcNeill wrote:

And made them sentient.

"Tell that to Kanjiklub."
Solo4114
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
CRMcNeill wrote:

That'd be Dave Wolverton in The Courtship of Princess Leia, I believe. Not a good book.
CRMcNeill
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But without Dave Wolverton and sentient Rancors, there would be no Fluffy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

Jump to: