The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

What class hyperdrive does the resurgent class battlecruiser
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> What class hyperdrive does the resurgent class battlecruiser Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you guys think?
Lower than class 1
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Class 1
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Class 1.5
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Class 2
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Higher
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's important when stat building to treat videogame sources as guidelines, and not actual rules.

It's also important to remember that Wookieepedia is not an authoritative source, but rather a dumping ground for all available information on a specific subject.

As far as point defense cannon, in the D6 Universe, those would be dual- or quad-laser cannon.

Don at shootingwomprats is very good at making accurate stats, but with so little to go on, there's a lot of educated guesswork going on in his stats. Remember that no game stats are canon; not his, not mine, not even WEG's. You are perfectly welcome to make your own stats and post them here. The only thing you can't control is whether or not others will agree with your version, but even then, you don't have to allow their opinions to override yours. The advantage of public disagreement is that it often points out things you missed that allows you to correct and improve your stat, if you so wish.

Just understand that the Resurgent/Finalizer will be very difficult to fold into a Classic Era campaign, not being in service until 30 years after the Battle of Endor.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Captain Rex
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
It's important when stat building to treat videogame sources as guidelines, and not actual rules.

It's also important to remember that Wookieepedia is not an authoritative source, but rather a dumping ground for all available information on a specific subject.

As far as point defense cannon, in the D6 Universe, those would be dual- or quad-laser cannon.

Don at shootingwomprats is very good at making accurate stats, but with so little to go on, there's a lot of educated guesswork going on in his stats. Remember that no game stats are canon; not his, not mine, not even WEG's. You are perfectly welcome to make your own stats and post them here. The only thing you can't control is whether or not others will agree with your version, but even then, you don't have to allow their opinions to override yours. The advantage of public disagreement is that it often points out things you missed that allows you to correct and improve your stat, if you so wish.

Just understand that the Resurgent/Finalizer will be very difficult to fold into a Classic Era campaign, not being in service until 30 years after the Battle of Endor.

Ok I am just wondering if it actually has that haeat sink.
Captain Rex
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am aware that wiki is not always accurate.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Rex wrote:
I am just wondering if it actually has that heat sink.

You're missing the point. If it is important for your campaign that a Resurgent have a heat sink, then it has one. If it isn't, it doesn't.

Captain Rex
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, pretty much plot, I guess.
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Rex wrote:
Why did Lucas film sell Star Wars to Disney?

Lucas wanted the 4 billion dollars.
Captain Rex
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForbinProject wrote:
Captain Rex wrote:

Ok fair enough
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Rex wrote:
ForbinProject wrote:
Captain Rex wrote:

Ok fair enough

I don't think that is quite fair enough.

That $4+ billion was almost half in Disney stocks and more than half cash. Lucas gave ALL of the cash portion of his payment to charity. ALL. Just saying he wanted $4 billion sounds makes Lucas sound greedy, when that adjective has no business even being implied about someone who gives over $2 billion to charity in one day.

And the other thing to consider is that Lucasfillm was estimated to actually be worth over $30 billion in 2012 so Lucas technically got ripped off on the deal. But no one would pay that true value, not even Disney, so the $4.05 billion was the most he could get, with a little over $2 billion of that in cash. If you built an entertainment empire and then sold it, you'd want to get as close to what it was worth too.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Captain Rex
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Captain Rex wrote:
ForbinProject wrote:
Captain Rex wrote:

Ok fair enough

I don't think that is quite fair enough.

That $4+ billion was almost half in Disney stocks and more than half cash. Lucas gave ALL of the cash portion of his payment to charity. ALL. Just saying he wanted $4 billion sounds makes Lucas sound greedy, when that adjective has no business even being implied about someone who gives over $2 billion to charity in one day.

And the other thing to consider is that Lucasfillm was estimated to actually be worth over $30 billion in 2012 so Lucas technically got ripped off on the deal. But no one would pay that true value, not even Disney, so the $4.05 billion was the most he could get, with a little over $2 billion of that in cash. If you built an entertainment empire and then sold it, you'd want to get as close to what it was worth too.

Guess your right, the only thing I like about Disney is that they introduced my new favourite ship.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Charity following prior greed has a long tradition in America. The 19th century robber barons and the Morgans, Rockefellers, et al all accumulated vast wealth. And then they gave a lot of wealth away to fund various charities and public works. Just saying...

Quote:
Economically speaking, the true value is what someone actually pays for it. Everything else is theory, models, hypotheticals, and estimates. The market and performance so far shows that this was a good deal for Disney. That doesn't mean that the price tag made it a giveaway for Lucas.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
Charity following prior greed has a long tradition in America. The 19th century robber barons and the Morgans, Rockefellers, et al all accumulated vast wealth. And then they gave a lot of wealth away to fund various charities and public works. Just saying...

Economically speaking, the true value is what someone actually pays for it. Everything else is theory, models, hypotheticals, and estimates. The market and performance so far shows that this was a good deal for Disney. That doesn't mean that the price tag made it a giveaway for Lucas.

I don't disagree with your statements but I think it is possible you may have completely missed my point. The comment I was responding to could imply to readers that the only reason Lucas sold Disney was to add $4.01 billion to his bank account because the $3.3 billion he already had wasn't enough and he just needed more money. That has been proven false. If all Lucas cared about was being richer but didn't want to make more films himself, he could have retained complete ownership and just let someone else make new films for him to maximize his personal wealth, earning him significantly more than $4.01 billion.

If your comment about "prior greed" was meant to imply that George Lucas giving to charity now doesn't mean he wasn't more motivated by greed in the past, there really isn't any point to that now even if it is true. His actions show that in the end he let go of Lucasfilm and most of the wealth potential it could have kept giving him. I normally only hear the 'Lucas is greedy' line in special edition and prequel bashing. The old argument goes, 'The evidence for Lucas' immense greed is the prequels made a lot of money but the artistic quality is so low that it must mean his only motivation is money.' ('The only purpose for Jar Jar and kid Anakin was to sell more toys to kids', etc.). The problem with that argument is that the artistic qualities of the prequels are completely subjective so it boils down to fans not liking prequels so bashing them and bashing Lucas for making them. I am really hoping that in this new age of the Rancor Pit, we can finally move past all that. That's so 1999. Lucas feels his movies are works of art so there is more than just a commercial aspect (For example, see Star Wars Ring Theory).

I'm not going to bother trying to argue the degree of Lucas' greed at various points in his life because that is unnecessarily negative and the whole thing is completely moot now. Since at least 2012, Lucas is indisputably a force of good in the world, putting his money where his mouth is. And Lucas is not done giving. The only way Disney could pay Lucas the $4.01 billion was by almost half of it being in Disney stock, so Lucas owns a big chunk of Disney and stock prices have more than doubled since then. Lucas keeps giving and giving and giving.

Captain Rex wrote:
Guess your right, the only thing I like about Disney is that they introduced my new favourite ship.

I'm sorry to hear about your dislike with Disney Star Wars, but I'm glad that you at least got a new favorite ship out of it.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Captain Rex
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but my new favourite ship is kinda ridiculous.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Rex wrote:

You don't have to do what Disney tells you.

Captain Rex
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Captain Rex wrote:

You don't have to do what Disney tells you.

I know that, I’m just saying the resurgent class is kinda OP for its size, if those 1200 turbolasers (shootingwomprats says this) are dual turbolasers then that makes a total of 2400 turbolasers, which is just ridiculas, but it could be 600 dual turbolasers which would make more sense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: