The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

danger sense and mentally challenged folk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> danger sense and mentally challenged folk Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is something I came up with in a different topic that applies here (sort of).
    (A)Mindshadow
    Prerequisites: Willpower 8D
    Time to Use: 1 round
    Effect: The character may roll this skill when attempting to avoid detection by Life Detection, Life Sense, Danger Sense, Combat Sense, Farseeing or any other Sense-based powers. He rolls once per round, then adds the total to the Jedi's Difficulty roll to bring up the power in question. The skill user must re-roll every round, and the roll is subject to MAPs as normal.
    Description: While strong-willed characters can resist mental powers such as Receptive Telepathy or Affect Mind through force of will alone, they can not hide from the precognitive abilities of the Jedi, simply because no amount of willpower will allow someone to hide from the flow of time itself. However, there are mental techniques that can be used to partially obscure one's place in the time stream from the senses of a Jedi. This ability is very challenging to master, and requires entering a near-meditative mental state in which the character makes no concrete decisions which would affect the immediate future of the Jedi. This has the effect of casting a shadow over the normally luminous being seen through the Force.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
crazydanny1
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, CRMcNeill. This is almost exactly what I was thinking of when I was creating a small group of NPCs that were trained to oppose the Empire's Force hounds. This will come in handy.

http://swbloodlines.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Bloodlines_Wiki
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazydanny1 wrote:
Thanks, CRMcNeill. This is almost exactly what I was thinking of when I was creating a small group of NPCs that were trained to oppose the Empire's Force hounds. This will come in handy.

No problem. The 8D Willpower prerequisite may be a bit high, so feel free to edit it as needed.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
crazydanny1
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did tweak it a bit, but overall left it as you created it. Dropped the 8D prerequisite down to 5D to match with other required base skills for taking an advanced skill. We'll see how it holds up in gameplay.

The NPCs that will have this will be avoiding the PCs initially, in addition to staying hidden from the Inquisitors and Dark Jedi of the Empire. Once they're "outed" by the PCs, we'll see if the players try to get this skill and how things are working with it.

http://swbloodlines.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Bloodlines_Wiki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: