The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

New Starship Damage Chart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> New Starship Damage Chart Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
CRMcNeill wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
Nothing wrong with doodads if they're tasteful. Y'know, like the Millennium Falcon's windshield dice.

Speaking of those, were they only in ANH? I don't remember seeing them in any of the other movies....

This post didn't age well...

Not sure what you meant by this, CRM.

In any case, nothing ages well given a long enough time.

You made this post last May. Seven months later, the Falcon’s dice featured prominently in the climax of The Last Jedi...

Oh, that. But were the dice even real? Weren't those dice part of Luke's Force Projection? After all, he wasn't even really there on Crait. So how could the dice have been there if he wasn't? Did Leia grasp a "solid" Force projection of the Falcon's dice that promptly disappeared once Luke died or was she grasping a Plot Hole or... or what? Shocked Shocked Confused

...My head hurts.
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Site Admin)

Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
But were the dice even real? Weren't those dice part of Luke's Force Projection? After all, he wasn't even really there on Crait. So how could the dice have been there if he wasn't? Did Leia grasp a "solid" Force projection of the Falcon's dice that promptly disappeared once Luke died or was she grasping a Plot Hole or... or what? Shocked Shocked Confused

...My head hurts.

The dice were real on the Falcon and Luke touched them when he went on the ship. The dice on Crait were Force-projections which visibly faded away in Kylo Ren's hand.
Registration & Log-In Help
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
But were the dice even real? Weren't those dice part of Luke's Force Projection? After all, he wasn't even really there on Crait. So how could the dice have been there if he wasn't? Did Leia grasp a "solid" Force projection of the Falcon's dice that promptly disappeared once Luke died or was she grasping a Plot Hole or... or what? Shocked Shocked Confused

...My head hurts.

The dice were real on the Falcon and Luke touched them when he went on the ship. The dice on Crait were Force-projections which visibly faded away in Kylo Ren's hand.

I don't remember that, but then I only saw TLJ once back in December. I'm going to order a bluray copy as soon as Amazon.com restocks them.
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:19 pm    Post subject: TLJ Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
I'm going to order a bluray copy as soon as Amazon.com restocks them.

Restock? The movie doesn't come out on blu-ray and DVD until March 27th so they can't ship it until then no matter when you order it. All that's out now is digital.

I'll also get TLJ on blu-ray (which comes with digital) but I am fortunate enough to live between two Targets which have giant displays of my nerd movies near the front of the store on the day of release. After work I'll go get it, pick up some dinner for the family, and then bring it home so we can watch it while we eat.

I've noticed that Amazon does not even have preorder pages for some movies and doesn't even start selling it until after the release date, and when they do they are for Prime members only. I am a Prime member, but I can get these movies locally on the day of release for about the same price.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: TLJ Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
I'm going to order a bluray copy as soon as Amazon.com restocks them.

Restock? The movie doesn't come out on blu-ray and DVD until March 27th so they can't ship it until then no matter when you order it. All that's out now is digital.

You're right. When I was on Amazon, I noticed the "temporarily out of stock" line where the order button usually is, I didn't see the bit about the TLJ bluray not being available until March 27 until I looked at it again today. And yeah, not seeing a pre-order link also threw me off into thinking that it was already available. Which is wierd: why would Amazon not allow preorders of TLJ? You'd think they'd jump at the chance for early sales of a high grossing movie.
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: TLJ Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
You're right. When I was on Amazon, I noticed the "temporarily out of stock" line where the order button usually is, I didn't see the bit about the TLJ bluray not being available until March 27 until I looked at it again today. And yeah, not seeing a pre-order link also threw me off into thinking that it was already available. Which is wierd: why would Amazon not allow preorders of TLJ? You'd think they'd jump at the chance for early sales of a high grossing movie.

"Temporarily out of stock" doesn't really make sense for a movie that hasn't even come into stock yet. Anyway I thought the same thing was very odd for Thor:Ragnarok, and it ended up being a Prime-only product. Now why Prime-only products wouldn't have pre-order, I don't know.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been considering giving the Vehicle Damage Chart an upgrade, as well. Obviously, certain systems aren't going to transition over (Shields, for example, are practically unheard of on ground vehicles and speeders), but some things aren't going to change. Any thoughts and suggestions as to vehicle systems I should include?
Argentsaber
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
I've been considering giving the Vehicle Damage Chart an upgrade, as well. Obviously, certain systems aren't going to transition over (Shields, for example, are practically unheard of on ground vehicles and speeders), but some things aren't going to change. Any thoughts and suggestions as to vehicle systems I should include?

The only thing I can think of at present is that atmospheric repulsorlifts might need the ability to have their engines damaged (speed or maneuver) be separate from their.. bouyancy? What I mean is that I can easily see the Hoth scene where a speeder crashes into the snow being a damaged "lift" mechanism with main engines still cooking away on full, and just as possibly a landspeeder might have it's thruster shot out but still be hovering along, slowly loosing speed.

Hope that makes as much sense here as it did in my head..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: