The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Starfighter compliments for almost any ship
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Starfighter compliments for almost any ship Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came across this one, same craft. This one is statted as a starfighter.
by +Oliver Queen

ISP-6​ ​Imperial​ ​Shuttle​ ​Pod The​ ​ISP-6​ ​Imperial​ ​Shuttle​ ​Pod​ ​was​ ​a​ ​small​ ​air/space​ ​vehicle​ ​used​ ​by​ ​the​ ​Imperial​ ​forces.
A​ ​single-seat​ ​vehicle​ ​with​ ​a​ ​tri-wing​ ​configuration​ ​reminiscent​ ​of​ ​the​ ​larger​ ​Lambda-class​ ​shuttle,​ ​the ISP-6​ ​was​ ​probably​ ​designed​ ​by​ ​Sienar​ ​Fleet​ ​Systems​ ​or​ ​Cygnus​ ​Spaceworks.​ ​It​ ​was​ ​a​ ​fast,​ ​compact transport,​ ​designed​ ​to​ ​be​ ​deployed​ ​from​ ​larger​ ​shuttles,​ ​and​ ​it​ ​was​ ​armed​ ​with​ ​two​ ​defensive​ ​blaster cannons​ ​for​ ​operations​ ​in​ ​combat​ ​zones.​ ​It​ ​also​ ​possessed​ ​a​ ​rear-view​ ​mirror​ ​to​ ​spot​ ​Rebel​ ​fighters​ ​from behind.

ISP-6 Craft:​​ ​Cygnus​ ​Spaceworks​ ​ISP-6​ ​Imperial​ ​Shuttle​ ​Pod Type:​ ​​Shuttle​ ​pod Era(s):​​ ​Rebellion Affiliation:​​ ​Galactic​ ​Empire Source:​​ ​Kenner​ ​mini-rig​ ​toy​ ​line,​ ​stats​ ​by​ ​+Oliver​ ​Queen Scale:​ ​​Starfighter Length:​​ ​2.71​ ​Meters Skill:​ ​​Starfighter​ ​Piloting:​ ​ISP6 Crew:​​ ​1 Consumables:​​ ​3​ ​days Cargo​ ​Capacity:​​ ​30​ ​kilograms Hyperdrive​ ​Multiplier:​​ ​NA Hyperdrive​ ​Backup:​ ​​NA Navigation​ ​Computer:​​ ​NA Space:​​ ​5 Atmosphere:​​ ​295;​ ​850​ ​km/h Maneuverability:​​ ​1D+2 Hull:​​ ​2D Shields:​ ​​1D Sensors: Passive:
​ ​ ​10/1D Scan:
​ ​ ​20/2D Search:
​ ​ ​40/3D Focus:
​ ​ ​1/3D+2 Weapons: 2​ ​Light​ ​Blaster​ ​Cannons​ ​(fire-linked) Fire

​ Arc:
​ ​ ​Front Crew:
​ ​ ​1​ ​(pilot) Skill:
​ ​ ​Starship​ ​Gunnery Fire

​ Control:
​ ​ ​1D Space:
​ ​ ​1-3/12/25 Atmosphere

​ Range:
​ ​ ​100-300/1.2/2.5km Damage:
​ ​ ​3D+1

This will work as an emergency light fighter it seems
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Again, did the writer of these stats have an end-goal in mind when he made these stats for this ship? Or did he just decide on some random numbers, throw them into a SW starfighter sheet willy-nilly and then post it on RPGGamer.org just because he could?

My impression is more that people put together stats with an end goal in mind, but failed to fully comprehend the results of the stat choices they made, or to take into account how those stats would fit together as part of a cohesive whole, which is why there is so much variation in quality. There is also the issue of taking questionable source material at face value, as opposed to evaluating it critically.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
by +Oliver Queen

[Snip]

Wow, that layout is almost painful to read...

Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's shootingwomprats' work, if I remember handles correctly.

Also, as CRMcNeill so succinctly put it - a starfighter has to be able to starfight.

5 in Space rating, 2D hull, 1D shields, and light blaster cannon would be outfought significantly by even TIE Uglies.

Furthermore, I question the inclusion of starfighter-scale shields, as well as the Hull code.

And an endurance of 3 days? I'd say an endurance of 1 day, maybe as low as 5-6 hours, tops.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Mamatried wrote:
by +Oliver Queen

[Snip]

Wow, that layout is almost painful to read...

Yes, unfortunately with mere copy-and-paste from web pages and PDFs to the post entry field here, you lose the formatting. A handful of Returns and Backspace/Deletes could save this.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PDF copy and paste here seemed less than optimal.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The YT-XC IS a starfighter, not a good one though but still.
3 meters long, and designed to be launched from the YT-1300 replacing the escape pod from what I gather from the description
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
PDF copy and paste here seemed less than optimal.

A lot of the REUP text is even worse - It removes some of the spacesbetweenwords.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, a better choice for a starfighter in these circumstances would be a droid starfighter that mounts on an external Hardpoint of some kind. A model that springs to mind is the Scarab-Class Droid Starfighter the predeceded the Vulture Droid in Trade Federation service. When not active, it collapses down to a disc shape. A ship could mount 3-4 of these on its hull and the mechanics of launching one in an emergency would be MUCH simpler than launching a manned craft. What's more, if needs be, the Scarab can be abandoned as a delaying action while the mothership makes its escape.

I'm suggesting the droid option mostly because I don't see any PC making use of the ISP-6 or the YT-XV if they had any better option.

Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
IMO, a better choice for a starfighter in these circumstances would be a droid starfighter that mounts on an external Hardpoint of some kind. A model that springs to mind is the Scarab-Class Droid Starfighter the predeceded the Vulture Droid in Trade Federation service. When not active, it collapses down to a disc shape. A ship could mount 3-4 of these on its hull and the mechanics of launching one in an emergency would be MUCH simpler than launching a manned craft. What's more, if needs be, the Scarab can be abandoned as a delaying action while the mothership makes its escape.

I'm suggesting the droid option mostly because I don't see any PC making use of the ISP-6 or the YT-XV if they had any better option.

My main issues with these, and others for that matter, is not actually launching them but rater "landing" or retracting them.........

While I could see the YT-XC and maybe even the ISP, replacing an escape pod for launching, I really can't see it in any way be able to retrieve the little one.

Now as to the "ghost" or Sindylla's gorgeous freighter, we have seen that the Phantom was replaced , and in this case a Seperatist shuttle I think, so what I wonder is would this actually be possible ( canon aside), and would it require slight modifications.
In either case, what else can be replaced by just taking X and replacing with Y........
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Modify the Scarabs with a Landing Claw. It's cheap, and it allows a ship to dock on any solid surface (within reason). They have them in Starships of the Galaxy, I believe, or was it Scum and Villainy?

If each Scarab droid has a landing claw, then it just has to fly in close enough proximity, attach the claw, and then shut down back to disc form.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
Modify the Scarabs with a Landing Claw. It's cheap, and it allows a ship to dock on any solid surface (within reason). They have them in Starships of the Galaxy, I believe, or was it Scum and Villainy?

If each Scarab droid has a landing claw, then it just has to fly in close enough proximity, attach the claw, and then shut down back to disc form.

The only thing I don’t like about this is that a landing claw wouldn’t allow the droid to be refueled or recharged as well as a hardpoint would. Maybe a landing claw to facilitate docking with a hardpoont?

garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus wouldn't the grasping claw over time, potentially ruin the hull?? Also wouldn't having all those ships on its hull reduce its maneuvering?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Plus wouldn't the grasping claw over time, potentially ruin the hull?? Also wouldn't having all those ships on its hull reduce its maneuvering?

If it’s so important to you, write a fracking house rule for it.

Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

Not necessarily. It could be magnetic.

Quote:
The only thing I don’t like about this is that a landing claw wouldn’t allow the droid to be refueled or recharged as well as a hardpoint would. Maybe a landing claw to facilitate docking with a hardpoont?

I don't see why not. The other option is that the droids are activated once they reach their destination and refueled and rearmed there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: