The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Starfighter compliments for almost any ship
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Starfighter compliments for almost any ship Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your idea of Hardpoints, but taking a look at the stats of the Scarab Droid Fighters, they don't technically have consumable ratings. So they can operate indefinitely?
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
I like your idea of Hardpoints, but taking a look at the stats of the Scarab Droid Fighters, they don't technically have consumable ratings. So they can operate indefinitely?

How long can any droid operate without recharging? It's not something explicit in the rules as far as I can remember.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Raven Redstar wrote:

How long can any droid operate without recharging? It's not something explicit in the rules as far as I can remember.

If it's important for the Scarab to have a Consumables rating, you can just give it one; the stats for it are homebrew anyway.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Raven Redstar wrote:

How long does the batteries last, have we seen R2 recharge during his 70ish years we know he have existed?

Is there a difference between droid and droid, and in that what, which has longer batteries
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
How long does the batteries last, have we seen R2 recharge during his 70ish years we know he have existed?

Yes, Luke recharged Artoo on Dagobah in TESB.

Mamatried wrote:
Is there a difference between droid and droid, and in that what, which has longer batteries

Good question.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Raven Redstar wrote:

Nope. I've yet to see any rule in any book for how long a droid can operate before i needs a recharge.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's one of those things that I assume would move at the speed of plot. We've seen 3PO "close down for a while," ostensibly to conserve power. We've seen R2 recharge. So, it's something that can be accounted for in an adventure if there was a reason to plan for such logistics. Likewise, there aren't rules determining how often your players need to eat. I'm guessing that your characters generally don't unless they're stranded somewhere depending on survival, and at which point it's just a GM's plot point.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Mamatried wrote:

Yes, Luke recharged Artoo on Dagobah in TESB.

Mamatried wrote:

Good question.

Well the reason for the recharge could be r2 having been swallowed, being full of mud inside.........something usually not an issue in space.
So I am not all that sure the r2 recharge actually counts.

If we do look at Rebels we see the battle droids still operational, and this is what....20 years or so after activation?

So I would not really be concerned with "fuel" for a droid fighter, in that sense.
Another thing is who in their right puts a droid in charge of ANY weapon......
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
Well the reason for the recharge could be r2 having been swallowed, being full of mud inside.........something usually not an issue in space.
So I am not all that sure the r2 recharge actually counts.

...What would mud inside R2 or R2 being spat out of a lake monster's mouth possibly have to do with R2 getting a recharge? Recharging a battery (or any other sort of rechargable machinery) doesn't have anything to do with repairing it or cleaning it.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
It's one of those things that I assume would move at the speed of plot. We've seen 3PO "close down for a while," ostensibly to conserve power. We've seen R2 recharge. So, it's something that can be accounted for in an adventure if there was a reason to plan for such logistics. Likewise, there aren't rules determining how often your players need to eat. I'm guessing that your characters generally don't unless they're stranded somewhere depending on survival, and at which point it's just a GM's plot point.

Well by that logic, why have ships listing consumables, or weapons with '# of shots's, as we never saw them having to 'restock a ship' or reload a weapon..
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly, I don't see why having a Consumables rating even matters; a droid starfighter used in the manner described isn't going to be flying long-range, maximum endurance patrols. It's going to be used for rapid-response defensive purposes or short range tactical recon (basically an armed sensor probe), requiring a few hours of Consumables at most. The rest of the time, it will be docked on its hard point waiting for the next time it's needed.

If you really are spending (wasting) time calculating the minutiae of how many minutes of Consumables your droid starfighters have used up defending a freighter while it jumps to hyperspace, you have too much time on your hands.

garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if the ship the droid fighter's on, keeps getting harassed every time it exits hyperspace, and has little to no time to refuel, that will eventually become a concern.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Well, if the ship the droid fighter's on, keeps getting harassed every time it exits hyperspace, and has little to no time to refuel, that will eventually become a concern.

Hyperspace jumps are, on average, several hours long. The only way a droid would take longer than that to refuel / recharge is if you’re a GM who goes out of his way to torture his players.

garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's outside on the hull though, HOW are you recharging it?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
If it's outside on the hull though, HOW are you recharging it?

Through the Hardpoint that it docks on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: