The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Graveyard of Alderaan Revisited
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Graveyard of Alderaan Revisited Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Let us know how it goes.

Yeah, I'm a bit curious about this myself. I've only glanced at "Graveyard of Alderaan," I haven't read it all the way through, but I think I'll remedy that soon enough.

Yeah, let us know how this goes, Wajeb.
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't pulled the trigger on if I'm going to play it yet. Just thinking about it.

I like the scenario, though. And, there are lots of interesting encounters in it. It's a great first-time adventure.

One of the "rumors" that the PCs can hear in the cantina is that the local Imperial Recruitment Agent is actually a Rebel sympathizer, and he will steer some recruits to the Rebellion.

None of the PCs in my game will in in the Rebellion yet. Heck, they might not even want to go that route. And, if so, I'll turn this into a Fringe style adventure, the players looking for profit.

The Recruitment Agent, in reality, planted that rumor himself in order to catch Sympathizers.

I like that double cross.

I think I'm going to try to set up the NSB agent, Dal Rogos, in a double cross situation, too. I'll see if I can charm the players with him, and then, at the right moment, I'll have Rogos turn on them.

It's a dangerous galaxy out there. Watch who you trust.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
No no-shows (which translates to minimal no-shows--something will come up, I'm sure).

Once they have a template, I'll see what kind of input they have into making the character interesting. Those that don't want to do that, don't have to.

How do you handle it when they do occasionally have a no-show situation crop up?? What happens to their character?
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
No no-shows (which translates to minimal no-shows--something will come up, I'm sure).

Once they have a template, I'll see what kind of input they have into making the character interesting. Those that don't want to do that, don't have to.

How do you handle it when they do occasionally have a no-show situation crop up?? What happens to their character?

First of all, they're supposed to let me know as soon as they know. Hopefully, we've got time to reschedule.

If the missing player's character is somewhere where he can be "off screen" for the night, then we go ahead an play.

For example, in a Star Wars game, guess who stays on the ship. I will sometimes play the character as an NPC if this happens, but I keep this to a minimum--like answering the comm if the PCs call the ship.

If, during the last game, the missing player's character is involved, and there's no reasonable way to get him "off screen" for the night's game, then we don't play. We reschedule.

And, if you are the player who makes us reschedule, then you get the task of calling everyone, telling them that we have to reschedule (this, right here, keeps some players playing because they don't want to have to deal with the, "Oh, man! Really? You can't play?") and then doing the chore of rescheduling everyone.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
garhkal wrote:
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:

First of all, they're supposed to let me know as soon as they know. Hopefully, we've got time to reschedule.

If the missing player's character is somewhere where he can be "off screen" for the night, then we go ahead an play.

For example, in a Star Wars game, guess who stays on the ship. I will sometimes play the character as an NPC if this happens, but I keep this to a minimum--like answering the comm if the PCs call the ship.

If, during the last game, the missing player's character is involved, and there's no reasonable way to get him "off screen" for the night's game, then we don't play. We reschedule.

And, if you are the player who makes us reschedule, then you get the task of calling everyone, telling them that we have to reschedule (this, right here, keeps some players playing because they don't want to have to deal with the, "Oh, man! Really? You can't play?") and then doing the chore of rescheduling everyone.

That makes me wonder if i've asked that question before.. On the "what do you do with missing players..."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: