The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Imperial Academy - information
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings -> Imperial Academy - information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Urban Spaceman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject: Imperial Academy - information Reply with quote

Hi all. For various reasons I may need to set part of an adventure in an Imperial Academy, one which is known fairly well by one of the PC's.

Can anyone point me towards any information on Imperial Academies? Size, population, what happens there, etc. I know that the Rebels series featured an episode or two in and around an Imperial Academy, so I'll be looking at that, but would like to look at some other stuff too.

Failing that, does anyone have any experience of real life military academies and can pass on some information about life inside one?
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Academy/Legends

This will provide most of your answers I think.

Much easier to link than to explain in a foreign language hehe
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Academy/Legends

This will provide most of your answers I think.

Much easier to link than to explain in a foreign language hehe

What? Linking the Legends version without also linking the Canon version? Shocked

For shame, Mamatried. 8) Wink

But in addition to the Star Wars: Rebels Season 1 episode "Breaking Ranks," which you probably know as the episode where Ezra Bridger went undercover in the Lothal Academy to steal the flight data on the kyber crystal shipment, you can also check out the Season 3 episode "The Antilles Extraction," which (as you might have guessed from the title, natch) involves Sabine Wren going undercover at the Skystrike Academy, an Imperial facility designed to train TIE fighter pilots, to help Wedge Antilles (and Hobbie Klivan) defect to the Rebellion.

Another source you might consider for info on Imperial academies are the Servants of the Empire books. They're young adult novels that detail Zare Leonis' time at the Imperial Academy on Lothal while he's both trying to find his sister who disappeared there and acting as a rebel agent.

Also, Lost Stars is another young adult novel that details the adventures of Thane Kyrell and Ciena Ree, a pair of teenagers from opposite sides of the tracks of the Outer Rim world of Jelucan, who both manage to gain admittance at the Royal Imperial Academy on Coruscant, the Imperial Academy of all Imperial Academies. I read this book myself and enjoyed it a great deal. Not only will you gain insight into the life of an Imperial cadet at the cream of the crop of all Imperial academies (the early chapters detail Thane and Ciena attending the four year curriculum if the Royal Academy until graduating shortly before the Battle of Yavin), but one of the earliest scenes in the book details a Pet The Dog moment by Grand Moff Tarkin of all people when he inspires Thane and Ciena to become Imperial pilots. (Feel free to take a look at the TV Tropes entry on Lost Stars at your leisure, but I recommend doing so after you read the book. Spoilers are hidden, but I expect you'll enjoy the book more if you wait to read the TV Tropes page on Lost Stars until after you finish the book.)
Urban Spaceman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for your replies (sorry for the delay in saying so).

Really helpful info. It's certainly enough for me to outline what I (might) need for the adventure. Plus, I'm quite enjoying Lost Stars.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: