The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Rancor Pit actively condemns hatred
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> The Rancor Pit actively condemns hatred
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Site Admin)

Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: The Rancor Pit actively condemns hatred Reply with quote

Rose Tico Actor Deletes All Instagram Posts After Months of Online Harassment

This is the latest atrocity committed in the name of Star Wars fandom. The actor did not create the character or write the film. Like her character and movie or not, the actor did absolutely nothing to deserve not only all the fan bashing she has had to endure, but she was also bombarded with vile racism and misogyny by the scum and villainy of our fandom. The character's Wookieepedia entry was even vandalized by this hatred and toxicity. It's sad.

https://twitter.com/WookOfficial/status/1004804398105518080

I am confident that we don't have any of those pathetic haters here, but the Rancor Pit still answers Wookieepedia's call to denounce this negativity. The Forum Posting Guidelines address this and they will continue to be enforced. Thanks for being among the good population of Star Wars fans.
Registration & Log-In Help
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw the headline for this yesterday. It pisses me off that there are morons of this ilk in any fandom, but I expected better of Star Wars fans because the GFFA is such a cosmopolitan place where millions of entirely different species (never mind the myriad ethnicities of the human race alone) coexist. Then again, we saw this same s*** back when TFA came out and the white supremacist snowflakes were pissed that the leading actors were a black man and a white woman instead of white men.

But even then, were John Boyega and Daisy Ridley personally harrassed on social media for it? I think I would have heard about it if it had. But harassing Kelly Marie Tran is so utterly beyond the pale that when I first saw the headline, I honestly couldn't grok it for a few seconds. It reminds me of how Jake Lloyd was harassed just for basically doing everything that George Lucas told him to. But now with Kelly Marie Tran it's even worse because of the racism and misogyny involved in her case.

Call these bigots out wherever you see them, guys. Not just here in this forum, but everywhere you might encounter them in your life. You can't make peace with hatred like this. You can only fight it by calling the bigots out and supporting their victims.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: