The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars D6 RPG Revised Expanded Updated Core Rulebook REUP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Star Wars D6 RPG Revised Expanded Updated Core Rulebook REUP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmdrcody
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject: Star Wars D6 RPG Revised Expanded Updated Core Rulebook REUP Reply with quote

THIS IS FOR SALE ON eBAY - ANYONE KNOW WHAT EXACTLY IT IS?
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have this one, but I've always though it was free. I think you can download it here. Check the tools forum.
cmdrcody
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the listing makes it look professionally printed and hardbound.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"REUP" is a fan made internet Star Wars document based on R&E that updates the game with prequel stuff, and more. As stated, it is available for viewing and download here: REUP.

Was this eBay listing what you were referring to? This looks to me like someone had REUP printed through Lulu in greyscale with a nice color hardback cover, and then later decided to sell it. I'm not sure but I think that is more than the cost to have it printed. If so then this would be an unlicensed seller selling Star Wars IP for a profit, and you could probably have it printed that nice yourself for less anyway. I would not recommend buying this.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what, maybe it is. I never got around to looking at it, but there are on-demamd printing services which allow people to sell low-volume books such as this would be.

I just went looking for it here and couldn't find it.

Anyway, its a project that was done in order to iron out some of the kinks with the rules and bring a higher level of consiatency to them. I think there may be new stuff added to account for the newer films.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoah, wait a minute, this is the REUP that's available for free as a PDF download. Or at least, it's a of the REUP with a white cover instead of the standard Millennium Falcon-and-Death Star 2 cover. (I'd love to find out where this version is available for download. So is vultaros201 (the seller on eBay) trying to sell a copy that he got printed himself? Not that I think there's anything wrong with that, but one wonders if it might be cheaper just to download this version of the REUP and then print it yourself.

And how does one get all the different covers for the REUP? The only version I've seen available for download is the original standard Millennium Falcon-and-Death Star 2 cover. But when I went searching on google for different covers, I saw the Rey on her speeder bike version, the Darth-Vader-on-white version and the C-3PO-&-R2-D2-conceptual-art version. But where are these versions available for download? Or did people just create and print their own covers for their printed versions of the REUP? If so, how is this done?
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People made their own covers for REUP (or selected ones others had created) and had them printed. It was a big thing when both editions of REUP came out. There were official Lulu projects for this but Lulu removed REUP as a project, I suspect for Fight Club reasons. To my knowledge, people printed them for themselves, not for resale (until this eBay listing).

Naaman wrote:
You know what, maybe it is. I never got around to looking at it, but there are on-demamd printing services which allow people to sell low-volume books such as this would be.

I just went looking for it here and couldn't find it.

REUP is not a licensed Star Wars product, so it cannot be legally sold through any channel, including on-demand printing services and eBay. This eBay listing is technically an illegal listing.

And Star Wars stuff for sale actually belongs in General Star Wars category which is on temporary lockdown right now. We can't post General Star Wars topics in other categories to get around the lockdown, so this thread is moved to General Star Wars.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
ReverendKeaton
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Whoah, wait a minute, this is the REUP that's available for free as a PDF download. Or at least, it's a of the REUP with a white cover instead of the standard Millennium Falcon-and-Death Star 2 cover. (I'd love to find out where this version is available for download. So is vultaros201 (the seller on eBay) trying to sell a copy that he got printed himself? Not that I think there's anything wrong with that, but one wonders if it might be cheaper just to download this version of the REUP and then print it yourself.

And how does one get all the different covers for the REUP? The only version I've seen available for download is the original standard Millennium Falcon-and-Death Star 2 cover. But when I went searching on google for different covers, I saw the Rey on her speeder bike version, the Darth-Vader-on-white version and the C-3PO-&-R2-D2-conceptual-art version. But where are these versions available for download? Or did people just create and print their own covers for their printed versions of the REUP? If so, how is this done?

It is cheaper to print and bind it yourself. I bind books as a hobby and can do most of them fairly cheap. I printed and bound my own pathfinder core rules for about 6 bucks total. Now that being said it gets cheaper them more you do. I have invested in glue, thread, and tools to do the job which does increase the initial price if you are only printing one. I have so far printed about 2 dozen books of different things. Some up to 500 pages.

I am eventually going to print me a copy of the REUP and bind it. I just need to either do some cleaning or replace my laser printer. It has been acting up but it is a bit worn out. It was never meant to do the volume I put through it. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: