The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

TIE Fighter: Emperor? I can take him or leave him
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games -> TIE Fighter: Emperor? I can take him or leave him
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: TIE Fighter: Emperor? I can take him or leave him Reply with quote

So, way back when I played TIE Fighter on my ancient machine (pretty sure my smartphone is more powerful), there was the option to join the "Secret Order of the Emperor", which gave you additional, secret, objectives on all your missions. Then, IIRC, toward the end of the game, you are betrayed by your commander because of your loyalty to the Emperor, and wind up saved by the Secret Order, to continue with more missions for them.

Did anyone ever play through and just say "Nah?" Like, not bother with the Secret Order, just fly your missions? What happens?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several times, i played it, ignoring the 'secret missions'. BUT as i never got close to completing things, i never found out what would have happened.
Solo4114
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never got around to playing the final three campaigns that came on the CD-Rom edition. I have it on GOG and Steam, so I might go back and replay it some time.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When TIE Fighter first came out, I loved trying to attempt advancing in the Secret Order. Finding out what the highest advanced Secret Order ranks were was one of the things I most looked forward to in the game.

When I repurchased the game last year from Steam (as you can see from my signature), I replayed as far as the 8th or 9th tour of duty before I lost interest. Not even getting the Secret Order ranks appealed to me enough to get me back to the game a third time. (Besides, I had to get back to World of Warcraft after a 6 month break. WoW doesn't leave ANY time for any other video games for very long. Razz )
Solo4114
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
When TIE Fighter first came out, I loved trying to attempt advancing in the Secret Order. Finding out what the highest advanced Secret Order ranks were was one of the things I most looked forward to in the game.

When I repurchased the game last year from Steam (as you can see from my signature), I replayed as far as the 8th or 9th tour of duty before I lost interest. Not even getting the Secret Order ranks appealed to me enough to get me back to the game a third time. (Besides, I had to get back to World of Warcraft after a 6 month break. WoW doesn't leave ANY time for any other video games for very long. Razz )

I might get back to it at some point if I can figure out a Glide wrapper for the 3D enhanced version. Although I might use the GOG versions from the DOS CD-Rom edition to get all the sweet launch cutscenes. I hate how the later verions of all the games cut that stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: