The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Old WEG Certificates with a new look
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Old WEG Certificates with a new look Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReverendKeaton
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:

And the fact that you're willing to put so many revisions in with such basic tools is really impressive.

Thank you!!!!!
ReverendKeaton
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1z0MQw7Cz-qOIurD6QVz0IXkzc2qXvfrz

A version of the Wanted Poster I did. Thoughts?
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReverendKeaton wrote:

I like it. If you do a bunch of these and make a single PDF of them all, I'll host them on the RP Library.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Ashikaider
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's straightforward and readable, but I am curious what it might look like if you used a font that was thematic yet readable.

If you decide to try a different font, there's a few science fiction fonts that might work. Said fonts can be found for free on the internet.
ReverendKeaton
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
ReverendKeaton wrote:

I like it. If you do a bunch of these and make a single PDF of them all, I'll host them on the RP Library.
Awesome. I will work on that.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What program did you use to make these?
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude is doing them in MS Paint.

Imagine what he'd do with a little bit of training and Photoshop.
ReverendKeaton
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
What program did you use to make these?
Like Chesire said MS Paint. One of these day I may try to learn how to use something else.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear that GIMP is a good thing https://www.gimp.org/

It's open source (and therefore free). I haven't used it much, since I use Photoshop at work and Photoshop Elements at home. But Gimp is pretty well supported by an active community, including the one thing that's saved me at work, youtube videos. Such as this tutorial here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeABb8cwdUg

With anything like this, it's going to have a learning curve, and using a more sophisticated program is frustrating at first. But if you've demonstrated that you have the patience to do what you want to do in Paint, then I think you can do it.
Ashikaider
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thirding the Gimp suggestion. I've also used photoshop and paint shop pro in the past, but gimp is the only free program I'm aware of that is able to keep up with the paid programs.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't offer any technical expertise on how to make computer files, but I would suggest making this into an interactive PDF if possible. If not, just give me an image file of this sheet (once it's finalized) and I can ask Mr. Gone (a buddy of mine who makes gaming sheets and aids in his spare time) to make an interactive PDF version that can have typed text insertable in the proper lines.

No guarantees on when such a PDF will be ready, though. Mr. Gone has been known to be too busy for personal requests from time to time.
ReverendKeaton
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
I can't offer any technical expertise on how to make computer files, but I would suggest making this into an interactive PDF if possible. If not, just give me an image file of this sheet (once it's finalized) and I can ask Mr. Gone (a buddy of mine who makes gaming sheets and aids in his spare time) to make an interactive PDF version that can have typed text insertable in the proper lines.

No guarantees on when such a PDF will be ready, though. Mr. Gone has been known to be too busy for personal requests from time to time.

I am working on a few more of the certificates. Once I get them all together I will put together a pdf with them. I am not sure how to put together a interactive pdf so I will take any help there.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReverendKeaton wrote:
Sutehp wrote:

I am working on a few more of the certificates. Once I get them all together I will put together a pdf with them. I am not sure how to put together a interactive pdf so I will take any help there.

Perfectly fine. Just like with Blizzard Entertainment and their video games, just say "It'll be ready when it's ready." You get your thing done when it's done, and once it's done, I'll hit up Mr. Gone and make my request. just like the old saying: "Hurry up and wait."
ReverendKeaton
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
ReverendKeaton wrote:
Sutehp wrote:

Perfectly fine. Just like with Blizzard Entertainment and their video games, just say "It'll be ready when it's ready." You get your thing done when it's done, and once it's done, I'll hit up Mr. Gone and make my request. just like the old saying: "Hurry up and wait."

I work in Fire and EMS. Hurry up and wait is my middle name. lol
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReverendKeaton wrote:
Hurry up and wait is my middle name. lol

In that case, I think you need to have a serious talk with your parents for giving you such an...unwieldy moniker. Laughing

My parents decided not to give me or my sister any middle names at all because Dad thought they were useless. I cannot find fault with that decision. 8)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: