The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Should Hutts Always Be NPCs?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Should Hutts Always Be NPCs? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashikaider
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played in a game where one of the other player's character was Bubba the Hutt.

At one point Bubba went off on his own, botched a robbery, and had to be bailed out by the lawyer sent by Bubba's crimelord uncle on Coruscant, the Star Wars version of Johnnie Cochran.

Later on, after a session long fight where Bubba tried to space my character, and a few of the other players got involved, Bubba fell out of the airlock. Another pc, a rather antisocial droid, who was also in the airlock, but had magnetic feet, decided to go on walkabout on the hull of the ship.

That was when the GM reminded us that we were in hyperspace at that time, and that because the droid had changed the exterior of the ship, the whole thing got shot out into realspace, and wound up a ship crewed by jawas.

Bubba came back as an npc, now a gestalt entity, having fused with the droid. It harassed the party for the rest of the campaign, being defeated in an epic finale.
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To those that have allowed Hutts as PCs, which attribute set did you guys use? The Special Edition Trilogy sourcebook gives them a hefty (no pun intended) 14D of attribute dice.

Though I've never had a Hutt PC in my party, whenever they've popped up as original NPCs, I will use a standard 12D+6D attribute allotment, as well as chalk up the innate Force resistance WEG attributes to them, to strong Willpower instead, giving Hutts a 2D for every 1D placed in Willpower, while allowing everyone to resist mind-focused Force attacks using their Willpower skill.

Last edited by Telsij on Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ashikaider
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crud. The browser I was using crashed as I was typing up that post. Bubba was from D20 revised campaign.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashikaider wrote:
I played in a game where one of the other player's character was Bubba the Hutt.

At one point Bubba went off on his own, botched a robbery, and had to be bailed out by the lawyer sent by Bubba's crimelord uncle on Coruscant, the Star Wars version of Johnnie Cochran.

Later on, after a session long fight where Bubba tried to space my character, and a few of the other players got involved, Bubba fell out of the airlock. Another pc, a rather antisocial droid, who was also in the airlock, but had magnetic feet, decided to go on walkabout on the hull of the ship.

That was when the GM reminded us that we were in hyperspace at that time, and that because the droid had changed the exterior of the ship, the whole thing got shot out into realspace, and wound up a ship crewed by jawas.

Bubba came back as an npc, now a gestalt entity, having fused with the droid. It harassed the party for the rest of the campaign, being defeated in an epic finale.

Interesting...

Telsij wrote:
To those that have allowed Hutts as PCs, which attribute set did you guys use? The Special Edition Trilogy sourcebook gives them a hefty (no pun intended) 14D of attribute dice.

Though I've never had a Hutt PC in my party, whenever they've popped up as original NPCs, I will use a standard 12D+6D attribute allotment, as well as chalk up the innate Force resistance WEG attributes to them, to strong Willpower instead, giving Hutts a 2D for every 1D placed in Willpower, while allowing everyone to resist mind-focused Force attacks using their Willpower skill.

I'm with you on the general Willpower idea (the skill resisting the Force), but I haven't written up Hutt special abilities yet.

I dispensed with the typical attribute dice value +6D for PCs rule, because alien species should vary greatly but PCs shouldn't. So NPCs of species can have any total attribute dice value within the attribute ranges, but PCs all have 18D in attributes regardless of species. I agree that even young Hutts could have a little more than 12D in attributes, and older Hutts can even have more than 18D.

Here's my rough draft for Hutt attributes:

Hutts, Young (age 130-200 / PC age 180-200)

Singular: Hutt
Adjective: Hutt
Language: Huttese
Homeworld: Nal Hutta (relocated from Varl)
Species Type: vertebrate gastropods
Size: 1.75 / 1.6-1.9 meters
Move: 6/7
Average Total ATTRIBUTE DICE: 13D+1 – 18D
Code:
      AVERAGE   MIN/MAX
  DEX:   1D+2   1D/3D
  KNO:   2D+1   2D/5D
  MEC:   2D     1D+1/4D
  PER:   2D+1   2D/5D
  STR:   3D     2D+1/5D+2
  TEC:   2D     1D/3D+2
  FOR:   0D     0D/1D

Arrow Playable Species List
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: