The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

West End Games Stargate SG-1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> West End Games Stargate SG-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WillTasker
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject: West End Games Stargate SG-1 Reply with quote

Apparently, WEG had asked John Tynes to bang out a Stargate SG1 RPG before they went under. This website is remarkably out of date, so I can't even speak to how real it is - but it made for a decent read while I was on lunch at work.

http://johntynes.com/revland2000/rl_sg0.html
ReverendKeaton
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: West End Games Stargate SG-1 Reply with quote

WillTasker wrote:
Apparently, WEG had asked John Tynes to bang out a Stargate SG1 RPG before they went under. This website is remarkably out of date, so I can't even speak to how real it is - but it made for a decent read while I was on lunch at work.

http://johntynes.com/revland2000/rl_sg0.html

Another WEG product I would have payed for that never popped up. I love the movie as well as the series. It would make for some good RPing. Thank you for posting this.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have loved to play Stargate using the WEG rules!
Ashikaider
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone took Tynes' document and added enough material to make the game playable.

http://gameworld.thesnakefarm.com/stargatesg1.php
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting find, but rather incomplete. No info on vehicles/ships, nor on how one resists being taken over by a gou'ald (If even possible).. BUT at least it's a start.
Ashikaider
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably look at how Ghostbusters and Star Wars (maybe some of the other d6 games as well) handle vehicles to come up with some vehicle rules for Stargate. I suggested Ghostbusters because it looked like Tynes used that version of the engine for Stargate.

As for resisting a goa'uld symbiote, I'd say an opposed roll (simulating a contest of wills). It could result in some interesting things like the goa'uld only getting partial control or being resisted entirely. You could even have the System Lords hunting down a character for experimentation or execution because they managed completely resist a symbiote.
OuttaWindu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashikaider wrote:
I'd probably look at how Ghostbusters and Star Wars (maybe some of the other d6 games as well) handle vehicles to come up with some vehicle rules for Stargate. I suggested Ghostbusters because it looked like Tynes used that version of the engine for Stargate.

I'd say D6 Space probably have be best free rules for space ships. Tynes says on the page he used the now OGL "D6 System" as the base for StarGate game.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss SG-1 and Atlantis, and likewise would have parted with hard currency to play in WEG's Stargate sandbox.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: West End Games Stargate SG-1 D6 Reply with quote

Ashikaider wrote:
Someone took Tynes' document and added enough material to make the game playable.

This came up recently on another thread so I thought I'd bump it. Is this game based on any of the TV series? I've only seen the original movie so know very little about this franchise.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
OuttaWindu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: West End Games Stargate SG-1 D6 Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Ashikaider wrote:

This came up recently on another thread so I thought I'd bump it. Is this game based on any of the TV series? I've only seen the original movie so know very little about this franchise.

Yes, I'd say it's based on the first TV series "Stargate SG-1, which it shares a name with. The TV series had only run a couple of seasons when the RPG was written, and this cleanup of Tynes' original game he posted online doesn't seem to add anything more

On a related note, there will be a new Stargate RPG based on DnD5E coming out in 2020. It will be concurrent with Stargate SG-1, Season Six.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: