The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Skyhoppers vs. Airspeeders
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Skyhoppers vs. Airspeeders Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
(4) No grammar nazism. The default language of this forum is American English. However, please do not offer any unsolicited corrections to another forum user's grammar or spelling. If you truly cannot discern the intended meaning of someone's statement then of course you can politely ask for clarification, but if you do understand what they mean, then please just let it go. I will however correct spelling and/or clarify thread titles as needed. If you would like to point out that another user's thread title is spelled incorrectly then please PM me, not them. Please do not post a reply in the thread pointing out the typo/error. (If I spell words wrong in my own thread titles, feel free to PM me.)

Sutehp wrote:
Whill wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
I do not know what a harly is. I do what a Harley-Davidson motorcycle is.

So you do know what he meant then. As a friendly reminder, we don't post to point out spelling errors here. Thanks.

We don't? Well, there goes half my fun posting here... Wink

Sorry, we have a whole guideline against it. It's there for me just as much any anyone else, for both mispelling forgiveness and me not correcting other's spelling. I have a touch of dislexia and clumsy fingers leading to typos, but yet I feel a (hypocritical) urge to correct others and have to resist it myself.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Quote:
"I'm Agent Harkin of the ISB."

"The Imperial Security Bureau?"

"No, the Imperial Spelling Bee. We get that a lot."

I'm trying to imagine Agent Kallus from Rebels saying "Imperial Spelling Bee" with a straight face. I'm only partially succeeding. Shocked

It is, however, quite easy to picture some officious prig of an Imperial bureaucrat pontificating on proper grammar being essential to the preservation of the New Order. Likely not at Kallus' level of ruthlessness, but I'm sure we've all encountered enough petty, self-important public servants to be able to draw a mental image.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Whill wrote:
(4) No grammar nazism. The default language of this forum is American English. However, please do not offer any unsolicited corrections to another forum user's grammar or spelling. If you truly cannot discern the intended meaning of someone's statement then of course you can politely ask for clarification, but if you do understand what they mean, then please just let it go. I will however correct spelling and/or clarify thread titles as needed. If you would like to point out that another user's thread title is spelled incorrectly then please PM me, not them. Please do not post a reply in the thread pointing out the typo/error. (If I spell words wrong in my own thread titles, feel free to PM me.)

Sutehp wrote:
Whill wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
I do not know what a harly is. I do what a Harley-Davidson motorcycle is.

So you do know what he meant then. As a friendly reminder, we don't post to point out spelling errors here. Thanks.

We don't? Well, there goes half my fun posting here... Wink

Sorry, we have a whole guideline against it. It's there for me just as much any anyone else, for both mispelling forgiveness and me not correcting other's spelling. I have a touch of dislexia and clumsy fingers leading to typos, but yet I feel a (hypocritical) urge to correct others and have to resist it myself.

Duly noted. Good to know that I'm not the only one who has those same urges and likewise needs to squelch them. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: