The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

FFG Star Wars - adventures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games -> FFG Star Wars - adventures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KPeterson
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: FFG Star Wars - adventures Reply with quote

I don't have any interest in playing Fantasy Flight Games' Star Wars Rpg lines. I'd never buy a core book based on what I've seen of the system, and the general expense involved. But, I do get curious about adventures. Material to use wholesale, or chop apart, or just use as inspiration.

Anyone here make any use of FFG SW's adventures, whether they're for Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, or Force and Destiny? How do they stack up? Are there any adventures you'd recommend, or others you'd suggest staying away from?

Also, unless I'm mistaken, FFG only offers their SW material in print? Or can you get PDFs somewhere?
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: FFG Star Wars - adventures Reply with quote

KPeterson wrote:
I don't have any interest in playing Fantasy Flight Games' Star Wars Rpg lines. I'd never buy a core book based on what I've seen of the system, and the general expense involved. But, I do get curious about adventures. Material to use wholesale, or chop apart, or just use as inspiration.

Anyone here make any use of FFG SW's adventures, whether they're for Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, or Force and Destiny? How do they stack up? Are there any adventures you'd recommend, or others you'd suggest staying away from?

Also, unless I'm mistaken, FFG only offers their SW material in print? Or can you get PDFs somewhere?

I'm pretty sure it is only in print. I haven't adapted any adventures yet but I have a handful of FFG adventure books and it looks like they could be adapted.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd love to have pdfs of the FFG books, but there are none available for purchase. It's an artifact of licesing issues when they split up the rights and properties between LucasArts and the other Lucas companies. Because of the weird way it's worded, a PDF of a game book falls into the same category as a video game.

I've got a couple of the adventures. I like the stand alone introductory box set for Edge of the Empire. It's pretty clearly an adaptable item. I have another adventure for Age of Rebellion, but honestly I haven't even read it yet.
Urban Spaceman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some stand alone PDF adventures on their site (under Player Resources, I think). These tend to be follow-ups to the Beginning Adventures.

I've read through a few of the adventure books they do. As with almost every other game system, there's some good and bad bits to each, so I tend to use them for inspiration to adapt them to my game and players.
KPeterson
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up "Beyond the Rim" over the weekend, and read about halfway through it. Seems like a decent adventure. Challenging for players.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: