The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Sparks campaign
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Sparks campaign
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robot Ron
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:14 pm    Post subject: Sparks campaign Reply with quote

Have any of you ever played in a Sparks event? I played in one in Indianapolis at Gen Con. I liked it, but you didn't have a lot of choices in what kind of character you want. Next year I'm going to play in a lot more Sparks events and it will be thoroughly awesome.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of a Sparks event. What is it?

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question Nope. Never heard of it.
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gen Con? never heard of sparks, i've heard of gen con though Razz
Robot Ron
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparks is an on-going WEG Star Wars campaign that they have at conventions and stuff. They have all these original adventures that they make. It's strange that I can't find a website about it, because I hear that it used to be really popular in Milawaukee. They had a bunch of events filled up at Gen Con, and they had this one big mega event where they had all these players. If you ever go to Gen Con, I highly recommend it. Also, if you ever go to Gen Con and want to play Sparks, let me know, so then we could play in the same game, so we could crack all these jokes like "we post on the same WEG Star Wars message board, how 'bout all that WEG Star Wars stuff we talk about there?" Gen Con is pretty awesome, though. Next year, a couple of friends and I are skipping school on Friday to go. And then on Thursday we're going to drive down there as soon as school let's out and do the afternoon/evening events. The best part is we're going to wear our Star Wars costumes to school on Thursday, mainly so we won't have to go home and get them, and also to freak everybody out. One of my friends is an ultra Star Wars geek, so he will probably get his hands on some stormtrooper armor, and then the other friend I am going with is getting Jedi robes because they are cheaper. Me, I'm going to make some sort of Ponda Baba comstume. I'm not really sure how I'll make the mask, but I'm going to ask Niub Niub from www.niubniubsuniverse.com because he's good at making stuff from scratch like that. That was quite the tangent, but Gen Con is quite deserving of such tangents because it is so awesome.

Edit: Also, my friend's girlfriend is coming with us.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Loc Taal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robot Ron wrote:
we're going to wear our Star Wars costumes to school
Sweeet.... Laughing

I went to Gen Con for the first time this year and it was really cool!

Robot Ron
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this summer was the first time I've been to it. I thought that it was really awesome. Especially the main exhibit hall with all the stuff in it. That was just crazy, I was thinking "wow this is really, really huge." All that stuff. I was really freaking out, I thought it was so cool. Yep. The gaming was good too. Are you going next summer?
Loc Taal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure yet, but probably.

Urhart the Fallen Angel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robot Ron wrote:
we're going to wear our Star Wars costumes to school

I'd probably get the crap beaten out of me if I did that! I can just imagine, "Let's all beat up the ewok!", scary! Very Happy
Love is still the answer take my hand
The vision fades a voice I hear
Listen to the madman!'
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoloSMOLY!!.. Someone else mentioning sparks.... damn i took to long getting to this part of the forums..

For a litle backround..

Sparks is the ongoing starwars D6 campaign, run by GB7's rpg side of house, SF7. It has reached 10 years of being ran, and it goes on at nearly every mid-west convention, including 3 of their own makes (fire and ice, and 2 others that recently started). Last year, they also started attending Gencon So Cal...

For the character 'templates' we try to switch out 2 less used ones each year, for new templates, whether from other sources (like the barbel shock boxer from heroes and rogues) to player made (like my natural pilot!!) 8)

We game in what is known as the Crucible sector. The time frame, is Sparks 1 was 10 years before a new hope, with each module (seminar and interactives included) being 1 month of in game time... BTW seminars are LARPs mixed with table tops. Usually only at the moderate (3 day) to large conventions (like origins), and the interactive is now an 8 hour event only ran at gencon, and is a bigger seminar (even with missions as part of it)..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: