The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

How often do you play Star Wars RPG?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> How often do you play Star Wars RPG? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel too bad. Other than the play by post games I'm currently in, I haven't played in YEARS. I'd trade them for two weeks ANY day!
Chabit Rane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you tell me more about play by post? I'm new to the internet. Boomer told me about this site, so I arrived.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play by post is where the game is played by people making posts in a forum. For SW D6, a forum could be generated for a GM wanting to start up a new game here. There are also a couple other sites that would support a game, and I'll give you the links if you want them. They're both by guys who are on this site as well, and wanted to start up sites that the main focus is SW D6, but would accept any RPGs as well.

In a PBP game, you set it so that the game progresses only as fast as people post. It's a good idea to set up in advance how often you expect everyone to post. A PBP can also be run (like Jamfke's Rebel Uprisings group) where everyone gets online at the same time, and the action can really progress far. Those guys seem to be on overnight (for me, anyway) all the time. Their game has gone quite a distance already. To account for time zone differences and all, it's sometimes the best idea to keep it pure PBP so everyone has a chance to post. You can either rule that the GM will wait until all have posted before going further, or you can have the GM run absent players' characters as NPCs. This can sometimes be a good way to be able to use that character's skills in the most beneficial way- the GM isn't likely to do too much to really jeopardize the character, and the character will be run through the GM's eyes, and so will have his insights and might actually help the group a little more than he might normally.
Skaff Toxian
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH! I'm itching! It's been about a month since I last roleplayed! (With that I mean table-top, real dice-swinging RP'ing).

But heck, that first I ever played (It was actually D&D D20.), we played til 5 in the morning!!

I'm also in my teens, so i think I'm experiencing those 'good ol' days' the veterans are talking about!
Chabit Rane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I was your age. I'm getting old. To old. Sad Sad Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Skaff Toxian
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One is never get'sto old to roleplay.

I'm gonna continue it, even when i retire! (If i have someone to RP with, of course).

But that is pretty much in the furture (About 50 years away!)
scott2978
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I posted earlier, I'm 35 and I still role play, though it's really hard to find players of my own age out there. I know some guys who are in their 40's who still play. Check out the local game store to see who's playing, maybe they have a bulletin board or a weekly game run at the store you could join. Once your old and it's been 20 years since you tried to make friends with a stranger (or worse, one half your age), it's kinda awkward, but give it a try and you might be surprised.
Robert
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i can say i am pretty lucky with my gaming possibilities. I once started gaming weekly with older guys in my village, but after a short break of 3 years i found a club in a nearby town, the Phoenix Brotherhood. I am a member for 8 years now, and we have around 50 members total, meeting daily for different groups and different systems in our club rooms. I gm StarWars every other week. We also play table-top and boardgames in hte club, but i like roleplaying the best. I hope i am able to play regularly once my study is over.

You are invited to visit our homepage (although its in german).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: