The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

General Rules Philosophy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> General Rules Philosophy Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Argamoth
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d20 is ok for starting players, but if you want your characters to be more detailed in skills and abilities, d6 is better.
Trusty
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the d20 system, but unless WEG can get the liscense back, I'm grateful for new source material and welcome it from anywhere including fan stuff. (rpggamer.org being one of the best) It saves tons of GM time. So even if the non-old-weg staff stuff is piss-poorly written, under a crappy system...thanks to the conversion...the new source material is most welcome.
Argamoth
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, some of the Episode 1-3 material would be nice.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of which, WotC just put up on their site stats for Grievous which can be converted to D6 using the Rebellion's guidelines.

Wanted Poster
Chabit Rane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate D20. Kill D20. DIE, Die, Die, die, die, etc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, it seems like a die-hard D20 player walking in here, touting the virtues of the D20 system, would be like Poindexter walking into a biker bar.

(Did I just mention Poindexter? Man, am I old or what?) Shocked
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, isn't that like saying "DEATH TO CEASAR"? The RPG is pretty much struggling for life at the moment.

Although, I'm of the opinion that what is bad for Star Wars d20 is bad for Star Wars RPG as a whole.
Robert
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i actually like D&D3.5 when it comes to hack&slay rpging. And it is fun sometimes. I never played SWD20, as a friend of mine who wants to gm it, doesn´t have the time. But i took some ideas out of the rulebooks, especially about space combat and how characters can be useful in a fight with their different skills. I prefer SWD6 because it is more open, offers more space for house rules and is more storytelling, but i dont think i want to play D6 Fantasy on a regular basis. Too say the truth we are to factions in our gaming club when it comes to value D20. D20 offers a system, whre the game master can concentrate on adventure design - running the adventure can be as easily done as by a computer - as there is a rule for every situation. D6 doesnt allow that - you have to direct on your feet. This is what i like the most, but i can sometimes go horribly wrong, especially when you are new to gming. In such an open system as D6, cooperation with your players is much more relevant - as there are nor strict rules you can quote in a rule discussion.

Back to topic:
I usally take the approach Volar described. As most of my players dont know SWD6 very well, it is quite useful to keep in style to keep the feeling. As far i introduced a skill for off-handed actions, so a bounty-hunter can shoot with both hands and a skill for the design of personal-scale walkers one of my players wanted. I am thinking about a new damage table for vehicles and ships as the old one is imho too limited, but i dont know right now how to balance it (and there are more relevant things to do like preparing next session). Very funny is me introducing advantages for stormtroopers when it comes to combining actions some weeks ago and now reading about it in the Rules Companion Jedi Skyler uploaded.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, just glad to be on the UPloading end of things, as opposed to having to always being on the DOWNloading side! 8)
Robert
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, thanks for that, Skyler.
Chabit Rane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you are a great help Skyler. So give yourself a pat on the back. My group & I thank you, bossman. Razz Razz Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: