The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Revenge of the Sith Sourcebook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Revenge of the Sith Sourcebook Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Commander Cody
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Revenge of the Sith Sourcebook Reply with quote

I am wanting to do Sourcebook that details the events of the Revenge Trilogy (Labyrinth of Evil, Revenge of the Sith and Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader ), I was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping. This is my first try at a sourcebook and I want to do it up right. If anyone has suggestions or comments that could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Commander Cody

"I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request."

"But why is the rum gone?!"
Chabit Rane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Revan
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a newbie at d6 system but I'll help you as I can.
Ejacobs
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have nothing to give but my thanks to you for taking on a huge project such as this. I've just recently gotten back to D6 Star Wars and am enjoying every bit of it.

E
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Cody... I don't know that he'd be doing much physically to help you with the book, but Gry Sarth is the go-to guy for any advice you need on doing a sourcebook. He's probably the biggest source for books on this site, so he's worked through all the kinks of putting them together. I'm sure he'd be willing to at the very least advise you how to work through the entire process, but I believe he's had about enough (for the moment, anyway) of making them. Who knows? The bug might hit him again sometime, and he may come up with a whole new crop of sourcebooks for us rabid fans... Razz
Commander Cody
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to break it down by chapters the first four will be the diffrent factions (republic, jedi, sith, cis), next will be the outer rimm sieges, then planets, starships, new races, equiptment. That the basic set up, I have started on the CIS and as soon as iam done i am going to post it here,. If there are any catagories that someone is interested in please feel free to jump in and go with, my goal is to make this a forum project and have everbody pich in and help in anyway they can or want to. Any Questions, or comments please feel free, this is a first for me

Thanks
Commander Cody

Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another project rolling. This is great. Let's just hope this one sees it through.

I think it'd be good if you could explain exactly what your book encompasses. I believe many of us have not read these books, and the topic title makes it sound like an Ep3 sourcebook. So, what is it, what's the time-frame, what's the scope?
Commander Cody
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Labyrinth of Evil Reply with quote

Fisrt things first , All three books happen at the same time, The events of Labyrinth of Evil end with the battle of Corascant, which leads upto Revenge of the Sith and Dark lord : the rise of Darth Vader takes place four weeks after Revenge 0f the Sith, So it all runs together, Labyrinth of Evil details the outer rimm sieges a little bit with the battle of Cato Neimoidia, battle of Belderone, Battle of Coruscant, kidnaping of Palpatine, Grevious background and history, and last but not least how Viceroy Gunray loses his mecho chair, most of the main characters dont change from one book to the next, because the events are so closely related, I don't mind filling in the back story's from each book , but all the characters from Revenge of the Sith are in Labyrinth of Evil, so if you want to help stats or planets or even new species we have all seen ROTS, base it off of the movie and I can fill in from the novels, after we get futher down the road I will detail some of the characters from Dark Lord, because it is a little diffrent , but let's start with Labyrinth of Evil and Revenge of the Sith first. I hope that helps and I appreciate the interest and advice.

Thanks
Commander Cody

Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, let me get this straight: This sourcebook will cover these books just prior to Ep3 and a book just after Ep3. Will it also cover Ep3 itself? If so, I think the title should be something that covers this time frame. My suggestion is "Birth of the Empire Sourcebook" or something like that...
Commander Cody
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Sounds great Reply with quote

I havent really thought of a title yet, do to the fact I was just hoping to get it off the ground, but something along that line souds great. Yes it will include Revenge of the Sith. The motivation behind my idea is, I was reading an interview with Jame Luceno the author of Labyrinth of Evil and Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader ,and he said in the interview that it was del rey intentions to make the three books a trilogy ( like the Thraw Trilogy), So I thought instead of making a sourcebook detailing the entire war, let's detail what everbody wants to know. How Grevious was created and why (Labyrinth of Evil), Exactly why and how Palpatine was kidnapped, and how the death of Count Dooku was so perfecly planned and executed (Labyrinth of Evil), Then take it one step further and detail Revenge of the Sith. Then after Revenge of the Sith, Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader details the events four weeks after Revenge of the Sith and even more important talks more about how Vader, becomes the Vader we see in a New Hope and also introduces Grand Moff Tarkin and how a group of clones disobeyed order 66, but like I said I want to take it one step at a time with Labyrinth of Evil and Revenge of the Sith. SORRY if I have not made myself clear.

Thanks
Commander Cody

Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds very juicy, I like it. I won't be able to help you much with things from the two books, but I've already done some work on ROTS that you can use: Vehicles, Starships, Aliens, Droids, and we've just done stats for Boga's species.... so we're well covered here.
Commander Cody
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: YES Reply with quote

Yes, that sounds great, a starting point. I will continue work on the CIS and hopefully post something by the end of the weekend. Once again thanks for your input and Iam very much looking foreword to this project.

Thanks
Commander Cody

Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See? I TOLD you Gry is THE go-to guy!

This whole project sounds GREAT! I haven't read the books, but I'd be quite interested in the sourcebooks.
Commander Cody
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Would This Help Reply with quote

I am going to re read all three books and as I finish them, Iam going to post my notes. hopefully that will answer any questios you might have. If anyone is interested in doing any stats from revenge of the sith based of thye movie that would be great. I was going to post the CIS first, but before I do anything I am going to post my notes. Please feel free to stat anyone or anything off of revenge of the sith.

Thanks
Commander Cody

Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'll try to help as much as I can with the stuff regarding Ep3. I've already done a big chunk of the stats. Let me see.

-Vehicles. I think we're all set, can't remember anyone that's missing from Vehicles Stats. That is, unless we can confirm that it's an airspeeder that Anakin uses to go save Palpatine...

-Starships. Again, I think we're set, With my work for Starships Stats R&E I think I've taken care of Ep3.

-Creatures. Just dealt with that in a thread around here.

-Aliens. Did almost all of them for Aliens Stats. The only one missing are the Mustafarians, which have only recently been identified as not kubaz.

-Droids. I think I've dealt with them all in Droids Stats...

-Equipment. Humm.. is there anything, really? Oh, I did do a few, like the Wookiee Long Gun, Clone Trooper Armor mk2. I don't think there's much left.

One question, though. Since there wasn't an "Ep2 Sourcebook" per se. Will we ignore things that were presented first in that film but also appear in Ep3, an example of this would be Super Battle Droids.....

It seems in terms of actual stats there really isn't much left to do, is there? Oh yes, the one thing is Characters! That's quite a lot of work, isn't it? All the Jedi, politicians, separatists..... we'd also need stats for Clone Troopers. It would be nice to have all the different units shown in Ep3, is there a source for them anywhere?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 1 of 74

Jump to: