The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

New Starship Modifications!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> New Starship Modifications!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: New Starship Modifications! Reply with quote

Mini-Bar:
Mass: 0.1 Tons
Cost: 350 Credits (Plus Cost of Supplies)

An addition to almost any Spacer's Commonroom on a freighter that hauls passengers on occasion. This mod will pay for itself in almost no time as you can jack up your prices a touch more for the "Luxury" given to them of not having to fly sober. And, let's face it, any minor luxury is a big one on a Freighter!

Le AutoChef 5000:
Mass: 0.1 Tons (Or replaces current Autochef at no additional space/mass)
Cost: 500 Credits

A popular upgrade to improve the quality of the meals served on the ships. While not up to the quality of "Real Food", it's a better alternative to the bland flavoured food that most Autochefs produce, while still providing the same mass-appeal for almost every life form in the galaxy!
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, brother Ray sees to the needs and wants of countless sentients across the galaxy! Laughing Laughing Laughing
queenofguns
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Automatic Duck tape dispenser
0.01 tons
10 credit plus tape

Never run out of this absolutely essential ship component ever again!

(macguyver swiss knife not included)

But more seriously:

Automated machine shop
10 tons
15 000 credit

this is a full fledge machine shop with tools, automated mini factory were you can build, machine and custum build prety much anything you can come up with. With this automated machine shop, you can repair or build from scratch any mechanical component less than 1 cubic meters big. A special nanotech recycling system lets noting go to waste. you can recycle almost any material and turn it into something useful.

(this is basically a machinist wet-dream machine, foundery, cnc, cutting molding plying machine all in one) with the right knowledge you can rebuild almost any small piece to repair your ship long anough to get real genuine parts.

Forgery shop
2 tons
5 000 credit

Everything you need to forge papers, duplicate codes, keys, build security defeating device, a computer for image modification and alteration, voice print alteration ect.

Cryo unit
2 tons
10 000 credits

when you need to keep someting safely on ice (and we are not talking about some crude barbarian carbonite tecnique ) this is the ticket. the use of a medical droids or some serious medical knowledge is strongly suggested. This unit can hold 2 cubic meters of biological material (get one extra meter for 2 000 credit more). comes with biomonitor and a 6 month internal life supply.
Chabit Rane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low cost Brig for any non-starfighter ship

Cost: usually no more than 600 credits.

Wt: 5 Tons

Can hold up to 8 prisoners. This is really an escape pod that has had its engine removed & the door can only be opened from the outside.

The buyer has to do the mods himself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I like the idea of the machine shop and forgery shop. I've just recently started running a slicer who specialized in Forgery: Personal IDs. That would come in REAL handy. I wonder what kind of bonuses to rolls having such a shop would give...

And the nanotech recycler? Beautiful!
Stormtrooper- "Hey, you! Where did the Customs Officer go?"
Smuggler- "How am I supposed to know? It's not my day to watch him!" *closes door to machine shop as a shiny black boot is slowly drawn into the recycler...*

hehehe Twisted Evil
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You'd be surprised at how many of today's popular blueprints require fresh organics." - Post Dated Check Loan, AKA: "Petey" - Schlock Mercenary.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bacta Tank
Cost: 3,000cr.
Weight: 1 Ton
A Bacta Tank for healing the wounded.

Medical Bay
Cost: 15,000cr.
Weight: 15 Tons
A Converted Medical bay, including 4 life beds, medical scanners, surgical tools, and other medical equipment. Does NOT include bacta tanks or medical droids. Takes up 1 passenger quarters.

Security Locks
Cost: Die Code x 500 x # Doors
Weight: nominal (.001t)
Enhanced Security locks and encrypted access pannels to make gaining entry to the ship, or vital areas more difficult. When Hacking or slicing through an enhanced lock, make an oposed roll against the locks value.

Security System
Cost: 5000cr. Base (+1000cr per monitored area)
Weight: 3 Tons
Adds a series of motion trackers, surveillance monitors, and scanners to various areas inside or outside of the vessel. Useful for monitoring, tracking, and detecting intruders. The basic system includes three detection and video systems, central monitor console, recording and playback. For an extra 1000 credits each, additional areas can be monitored.

Interior Sensors
Cost: 7,500cr.
Weight: 5 Tons
Adds sensor nodules throughout the ship, allowing the ships sensors to be used "inside". All sensor functions become available throughout the ship, including life form scanners, weapon detection, power monitoring, etc... All modes of scanning are also available, providing a full range of detection and detail when actively monitored. Requires a successful "Sensor" skill roll to be effective.
queenofguns
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
Hey, I like the idea of the machine shop and forgery shop. I've just recently started running a slicer who specialized in Forgery: Personal IDs. That would come in REAL handy. I wonder what kind of bonuses to rolls having such a shop would give...

And the nanotech recycler? Beautiful!
Stormtrooper- "Hey, you! Where did the Customs Officer go?"
Smuggler- "How am I supposed to know? It's not my day to watch him!" *closes door to machine shop as a shiny black boot is slowly drawn into the recycler...*

hehehe Twisted Evil

well in my game, kits gives you 1 to 3 bonus dice and shops lower the difficulty level. A basic shop lower the difficulty level by one (ex: from difficult to moderate) The price, space and availability is always twice as much as the previous model. Shops can lower the difficulty down to moderate minimum. Remember that a heroic level is 5. so if you got a level 2 shop, a heroic+15 (thats 41-45 I think) will go down to heroic+5 (about 35) and cost 30 000 credits and takes 20 tons.

you cannot use both at the same time. So shops are better when you know what you are doing while kits are good for the newbies and can be transported in small pouch and / or case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: