The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Astromech Modification
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Astromech Modification Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! You crack me up, Ray!
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I was completely joking. I'm sure that the Stormies are probably supposed to be better equipped, but aren't because some people have skimmed off the top.

'Course, I don't hear the Rebellion complaining. Laughing
Ejacobs
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the books in front of me, but how are Clone Troopers better than Stormtroopers in armor? No Clone troops in my game, but ST's seem to handle themselves fairly well with our shooting at them.

E
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
I wish I was completely joking. I'm sure that the Stormies are probably supposed to be better equipped, but aren't because some people have skimmed off the top.

'Course, I don't hear the Rebellion complaining. Laughing

It might also be because while the Kaminoans were producing Clone Troopers, they were also using their own (and possibly Jango Fett's as well) guidelines for what each trooper should have. Once the Empire starting conscripting, they might have simply gone to a more standardized model, creating more individual trooper types rather than having a more versatile trooper stock to begin with. Plus, it'd be infinitely easier to specialize from one genetic template than to train each individual (with different technical aptitudes) to use all the different gadgets the clones might have had, being directly trained using Jango's template. I mean, the original had all those gadgets on his armor. Not unreasonable to have all his clones having the knowledge and ability to use more armor gadgets than the regular stormies.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
It might also be because while the Kaminoans were producing Clone Troopers, they were also using their own (and possibly Jango Fett's as well) guidelines for what each trooper should have. Once the Empire starting conscripting, they might have simply gone to a more standardized model, creating more individual trooper types rather than having a more versatile trooper stock to begin with. Plus, it'd be infinitely easier to specialize from one genetic template than to train each individual (with different technical aptitudes) to use all the different gadgets the clones might have had, being directly trained using Jango's template. I mean, the original had all those gadgets on his armor. Not unreasonable to have all his clones having the knowledge and ability to use more armor gadgets than the regular stormies.

Knowledge of the equipment and their tactics would not have been part of their "Genetic Template" as you are not talking about something genetic. This would have been in the skills implanted into the clones memory via whatever processed was used. In this case, it really has nothing to do with Jango's knowledge, or what was on his own equipment, as none of that is Genetic in nature. Jango may have had a say in their skill set they were implanted with.

But, this digresses from the thread.

As for R2's rockets, it is just one more inconsistancy from Prequel to trilogy. How much can you fit in an astromech? Also, I don't see how the rockets fit where they were shown while still leaving room for the actuators and motivators for the hips, and legs, as well as having a fuel supply.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:

As for R2's rockets, it is just one more inconsistancy from Prequel to trilogy. How much can you fit in an astromech? Also, I don't see how the rockets fit where they were shown while still leaving room for the actuators and motivators for the hips, and legs, as well as having a fuel supply.

I also don't know why he never used them ever again...
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emergency Flare Launcher:
Cost: 200 Credits (Flares: 5-20 Credits Each)
Availability: 2

A space-rated pnumatic flare launcher that sends aloft a flare to get the attention of rescuers in the case of emergency. The cost ranges from a simple red flare that will work only in an atmosphere, to an energy flare that'll light up sensors in space.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
Knowledge of the equipment and their tactics would not have been part of their "Genetic Template" as you are not talking about something genetic. This would have been in the skills implanted into the clones memory via whatever processed was used. In this case, it really has nothing to do with Jango's knowledge, or what was on his own equipment, as none of that is Genetic in nature. Jango may have had a say in their skill set they were implanted with.

Actually, a better way for me to have worded it was not that they had it genetically, but rather that they got the force-fed training over the span of their growth cycles. I'd imagine the growth cycle would be longer than the time a regular stormtrooper conscript would spend in reeducation and training, but since I don't personally know the lengths for either I'm just speculating. But you were correct, Kage. It's not a genetic thing. I just misspoke myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: