The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

movies
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> movies Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which movie is the best?
The phantom menece
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The clone wars
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
revenge of the sith
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
a new hope
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Empires strikes back
53%
 53%  [ 24 ]
Return of the Jedi
22%
 22%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 45

Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it here myself. He's listed under "rest of cast listed alphabetically" right under Peter Jackson. Which put's him sixteenth on that list. Lucas is 22nd on it, by the way.

Wanted Poster
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the movies have good points and bad; but there's just something about those walking tanks... 8)
Stule
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the movie!

Definitly the third best movie of the series (ESB 1st, ANH 2nd).

The Good: Yoda tking the two guards in the Emperor's Chambers.

The Bad: I love you, no I love you more, no I really love you (Anakin and Padame on Balcony)

Overall it was an awesome movie and I can not wait for the DVD!

Really liked those Republic Capital ships too!

Peace.

Stule
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved ROTS! FINALLY, a SW movie at least approaching the kind of lightsaber and Force action I've been wanting to see! I realize people like the films for different reasons, but my big thing's always been the Jedi. It's been nice to see them busting out the lightsabers a lot more as the prequels have advanced. That was one of the reasons I liked TESB so much- that wonderfully long duel between Luke and Vader.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up voting for RotJ, mainly because it's the first movie I actually remember going to see, and having my dad read what Jabba was saying as I couldn't read fast enough. Nothing to do with the movie really, just some great childhood memories. Smile

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeese, no one voted for Phantom Menace? Surely we can all look past the crappy parts played by unbelivable and ethnicly biased charactures like Qui-Gon and Yoda and see the true heart of the film in the convincing and well acted dialoge between great characters like Anakin and Jar-Jar.

I would have voted for the "Holiday Special", it's the funniest and saddest Star Wars experience at once. It really make you wonder who approved the script, and after watching the Holiday Special Episodes 1 & 2 look like great movies by comparison.

"I jus wanna halla' out to my main man Lumpy - you go wif you bad self on Lif Daz."
That's improbable?
And the Empire will be destroyed by..EWOKS!
That's...highly unlikely.
The Force? Bacteria called midichlorians.
If you don’t take this seriously I'm out.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROTJ was the first one I saw in the theaters too. Actually, I saw them all out of whack. I saw TESB first, then ANH, then ROTJ. Going to see that was a birthday present to me from a family friend. So I have to agree, it was good memories surrounding ROTJ... but I still had to vote for ROTS.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Empire Strikes Back was by far the best. It had the really interesting heroics, but overall it was a bittersweet movie. There was great sadness for the heros, many defeats, and it showed the sheer scope of the oposition the rebellion faced.

Now, as for ROTS, I found it tolerable, though it was still a movie with many problems for me, both technically and cinimaticly. It seemed that the movie was plagued by not only bad scripting, but bad acting in so many places. I especially hated the CGI used for R2-D2 as it came off looking cartoony, and not moving at all right. I hated the voices of the battle droids, all of the battle droids. I hat all the attachments that R2 keeps popping up with, I mean, really, where does it all fit?
However, of all of the prequels, it is the sole one I would consider seeing again, or even be convinced into accepting as a part of the orriginal concept (the others varried too much from previous statements and material released by Lucas himself). The opening fight scene in space was nice (and I could see a RP group behaving the way Annakin and Obi-Wan were in those fighters). The ships were aesthetically pleasing. I thought some of the lightsaber duels were too CGI, but still nice. I did not like the way Kashyak was depicted.

It wasn't a bad movie, I guess, but ESB will always be my favorite.
Anemone
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I'm concerned, absolutely NOTHING happened in the Galaxy before Leia's Rebel Alliance team stole the Death Star schematics. Nope, nothing. Ta-dee-dam... Clone Wars, you say? Oh, that was a long time ago. Naboo? Ahem. We don't talk about *that place*. In fact, I wish I could edit out the Ewoks from RotJ, but I can still like with that movie.

As for RotS, can someone tell me why R2-D2 needed to carry a cell phone? I'm still trying to process that one. Confused
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone needs a comms device. Standard issue. All characters carry one.

But yes, the CGI R2 did not move right. More like a cartoon character, less like a machine.

The old machine R2 moved like a machine, because it was a machine. It also really was a machine on screen, an actual plastic and metal fabrication with tools.

And R2 has quite a lot of tools, in all 6 movies we don't see everything that is listed in the most frugal estimates. Though the leg jets in AotC was something I did not expect.
to finance my 'vette!
Anemone
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boomer wrote:
Everyone needs a comms device. Standard issue. All characters carry one.

Um, doesn't R2 have an on-board commlink?
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, but instead taking a minute to adjust freqencies, easier to just toss the droid a comm that is already linked to yours.
to finance my 'vette!
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boomer wrote:
Though the leg jets in AotC was something I did not expect.

Why not? We were supposed to have seen a seen in TPM of Artoo flying on his own that ended up getting cut out. The only difference between that scene and the AotC scene is that the jets were mounted within his body.

Wanted Poster
hazardchris
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I prefered the Lightsaber fights in TESB and RotJ (the one in ANH was pretty bad. That spin that Kenoib does still makes me laugh). The one in Episode I was pretty good though. Now I'd say that Episode I was pretty good. And if you can get ahold of "The Phantom Edit" it becomes amazing. Still Eisode III's acting was still pretty bad and the fight sceens look to Rehearsed to me.

But I voted for RotJ. Good acting, good story, gripping, and Darth was much cooler then.

I did have to think for a long time though, I almost voted for TESB. While I will admit that it is a more thought provoking story, RotJ just clinced the Star Wars feel for me.

Let me make you a picture!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: