The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Favorie Explosions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Favorie Explosions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darthomer09
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Favorie Explosions Reply with quote

I'm willing to bet that a great majority of us have had explosions in at least one of your campaigns. And let's face it... explosions are cool... so have any favorites?

My favorite so far was actually the infamous "Giant Death Star Bomb". The GM felt it necessary to go into detail as half of a known solar system (not to mention all of our characters) were blown to space dust. Quite awesome.

In Soviet Russia, RPG plays you!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far in my game, just one awesome explosion that was never completely scene.
Bounty hunter inside a scrap hill, under the wreck of an AT-AT, finds some canisters, labeled as volatile electroconductive vapor. It was cheap starship fuel.
He made sure all 6 canisters were close, and lead some thugs near it, shooting them. He never heard anything, there was just a flash of white/blue light for him, followed by cutting to the rest of the party outside.

Outside, they hear a loud explosion come from the AT-AT and feel a serious, leg jerking tremor.

Once inside, they find many unconious people, bits of flaming material, a couple dead, and the unconcious bounty hunter who woke up, forgetting he did anything to the barrels and wondering who'se fault the explosion was.
Huge concussive blast carrying so much electricity, it was like an area effect stun. Close up, he killed the couple of thugs he trapped. 18 others were merely incapped or stunned.
to finance my 'vette!
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carack Light Cruiser, taken out with a single sword swing.

My GM is a *HUGE* Highlander fan, and put them into the game. They were living personifications of the Force, and were of the Light and Dark side, fighting it out to prove who was the best.

Enter Captain Jack, who was, admittedly, from the "Insane" side of the Force. (He's the only character to be committed to an insanisylum, and still be a viable PC. When medicated.).

So, he and another Immortal are fighting in the Engeneering Deck, empty save for them, slashing at each other until, finally, Captain Jack disarms his opponent, and swings for his head with a cry of, "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!"

And the guy falls to his knees in exhaustion, and the sword barely cuts his hair.

"THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!" "You already said that." "Well, hold still. It'll hurt less."

That shot connected, the quickening happened. Right next to the fusion generator. Oh, my, were those SAFETY CONTROLS electronic? Oh dear... Countdown for detonation happened *VERY* quickly. Twisted Evil

As Captain Jack dragged himself to the escape pod, he only had time to mention at how little damage the ship had sustained, when it blew up.
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was one when the PCs jumped off a Cloud City-type gas refinery just before it self-destructed while a fighter dogfight was occuring around them. An NPC swooped in with the PC's frieghter and caught them in mid air.

Last year, in another campaign, the PCs were trapped in a house in the suburbs of the planet Daver Kuat in the Kuat system. Some noble house goons rushed up the sloping driveway, the Jawa NPC just rolled a thermal detonator at them. Everyone ducked except for the gung ho mercenary droid. Big flash. Shockwave seared everything. All the goons were at vaporized. The door blasted in and slammed the merc droid into the ground. He was quite damaged, but not too badly. He said, "That wasn't a regular grenade, was it?"
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any explosion that starts with Kabakh firing his blast and ends with stormies getting liquidated.

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to being a part of some of those, HC! Wink
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You will be. You WILL be."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eggsellent!

Smithers! Release the hounds! Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: