The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Same old, same old.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Same old, same old.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarlSS
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Same old, same old. Reply with quote

The PCs are currently aboard the DeathStar, sort of limiting my options at throwing things at them. So far I've hurled an ambush of stormcommandos, nogrhi and a suped up Grand Admiral at them. They were basic meat and potatoes fights in small corridors and the like. I'm looking for more in the way of dramatic interesting fights, using the unique crazyness factor of a mechanical moon.

So far I've come up with a repulsorcart chase through the superstructure, a scenerio where a bridge blows out under them into a yawning pit, and a wave of mousedroids carrying bombs. I've already pulled the old ambush and break free routine, so I'm looking more in the way of a 'cool' factor than killing the PCs.

They're currently aboard the Death Star II, and the Rebel Fleet has just begun it's attack. Their assignment so far is to kill the Four Grand Admirals aboard.

Each Grand Admiral has a 'schtick' Osvald Teshik is a droid-hacker guy, there's Niall Declann the Force User-battlemind and Afsheen Makati, the Xenophile. (As in, loves the alien troops.)

Also aiding them are General Madine, Jan Ors, a cabal of Alderaanian officers, and a Bothan Mastermind communicating with a PC by means of an internal droid. (Read, she's been implanted with that creepy scorpion dohickey Smith uses on Neo in the interrogation scene in the Matrix)

I'm also thinking of throwing in a Kyle Katarn cameo to explain where all the stormtroopers are.

Yes, I realize I'm probably breaking canon in eight different ways, but it's subtle enough not to matter.
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only possible break in canon was that there was never any mention of a troop assault on the Death Star 2 (Imperial Boogaloo). But hey, the PCs showed up and took the mission, so whatever.

The assault has begun, which I beleive did not last for more than two hours. I think we are winding down to the final stretch here and the PCs just need to make sure the Grand Admirals cannot make it off of the Death Star alive while escaping themselves.
to finance my 'vette!
Chabit Rane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fine to me. You could also add a romantic interest to keep the players on their toes too. The Xenopile could work here Twisted Evil .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: