The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Melee Weapons...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Melee Weapons...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Melee Weapons... Reply with quote

As requested, here they are:

Typical Vibroknife:
A finely balanced survival/military vibroknife. It's noise makes it unuseable in stealth missions, but, as a last-chance back-up for the military, or just as a useful blade for a trip in the bush, there is nothing better. A standard powerpack fits snugly in the hilt of the blade, which also has a useful firestarter built into it, and is capped off by a electronic compass, both of which run off the battery.

Model: Merr-Sonn Survivalist H3 Vibroknife
Type: Melee Weapon
Skill: Melee Combat: Vibroknife
Cost: 200
Availabilty: 2
Difficulty: Easy
Damage: STR+2D (Maximum: 6D)

Typical Vibroshiv:
A standard kitchen knife with a more powerful jury-rigged powerpack. Used by gangs and assassins. Not as balanced or stylish as a Vibroknife, but just as useful, is untraceable, and easily disposable. Also very illegal. (It takes a more powerful powerpack, some tape, and a few electronic tools to jury-rig the knife, and an Easy Vibroweapon Repair roll.).

Model: Jury-Rigged Kitchen vibroknife
Skill: Melee Combat (Cannot be Specialized)
Cost: 75 for Kitchen Knife, 20 for Battery Pack (Sells for about 150 on the Invisible Market)
Availability: 1, X
Difficulty: Moderate
Damage: STR+2D (Maximum: 6D)

Kitchen Vibroknife:
Well balanced, but underpowered for the soldier in the field, but good for the home or professional cook. Also a useful improvised weapon for those that run through kitchens. More expensive versions are perfectly balanced, and can be thrown.

Model: Kitchen Vibroknife (Various Makes/Models)
Skill: Melee Combat: Kitchen Vibroknife
Cost: Varies Greatly (Between 35 and 250 Credits)
Availability: 1
Range: 2-3/5/10 (Expensive Models)
Difficulty: Moderate (For Cheap Models), Easy (For Mid-Range), Very Easy (For Expensive)
Damage: STR+1D+1 (Maximum: 4D+1)

Virbomachete:
A VERY large knife (Almost a sword!) designed for getting rid of vegitation in jungle enviroments, they are also useful in combat situations, only being slightly less useful than a Vibroblade. They are, however, hard to explain away in non-jungle/heavy forrest enviroments, and thus the fee is enacted in those areas.

Model: Typical Vibromachete
Skill: Melee Combat: Vibromachete; Survival: Jungle
Cost: 250
Availability: 2, F
Difficulty: Moderate
Damage: STR+2D+2 (Maximum: 6D)
Urhart the Fallen Angel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the impression that a regular vibroblade did str+2D with a max of 6D, and a vibroknife did str+1D with a max of 5D. Question
Love is still the answer take my hand
The vision fades a voice I hear
Listen to the madman!'
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know... I do believe you're right... That'll teach me to hit the crack pipe before writing things...

When I get my hands on the main rulebook again, I'll edit these. Thanks for pointing it out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: