The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Official WEG Adventures (Possible Spoilers)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Official WEG Adventures (Possible Spoilers)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Official WEG Adventures (Possible Spoilers) Reply with quote

Favorite adventures have discussed on the forum quite extrensivly. Any official WEG adventures that just made you go - huh? For example, some groups have issues when the PC's run into the stars of the movies, others don't. (I know that there's one you run into Leia.) Or the premise to some of the plots....I've seen people that have issues with Graveyards of Alderaan and Scavenger Hunt. So any parts that rubbed you the wrong way?
That's improbable?
And the Empire will be destroyed by..EWOKS!
That's...highly unlikely.
The Force? Bacteria called midichlorians.
If you don’t take this seriously I'm out.
Trusty
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not for me. I take what I want from them, and the sourcebooks, and the Galaxy Guides, and all the rest of it, and discard the rest. It is all reference/resource material for us since we run an "infinities" campaign.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rarely ever run a prewritten adventure, and when I do it is rarely ever "as written". I tend to use the adventures more as source material and reference. I prefer to custom tailor things to my individual players and such. I have movie characters pop up from time to time, as well as movie sets and locations. On occasion I have even run the players through adventures depicting or relating to events from the movies. That really helps give the star wars game it's feel in my opinion.

Though, I do dislike some adventures that start be depriving the players of something valuable, with no hope of ever replacing it (for example, Planet of Mists). This serves only to hurt the trust between GMs and players.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with KageRyu. If you go around taking valuable things from the players, even sporadically, just because the adventure says to, it will hurt the experience.

Now, if you have to take some stuff away because the knuckleheads couldn't get past their squabbling to work together, then hook 'em up! They need the reality check.
Darth_Kjeran
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chello!

The Otherspace series just felt wrong to me....not sure what exactly it was, but it bugged me.

DarkStryder did at first....it felt too much like Voyager, but it worked out OK! Wink

Tony
Trusty
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth_Kjeran wrote:
Chello!

The Otherspace series just felt wrong to me....not sure what exactly it was, but it bugged me.

DarkStryder did at first....it felt too much like Voyager, but it worked out OK! Wink

Tony

I am reading through Darkstryder and I think it is fairly decent. However, I actually thought the multi-player angle was all wrong for it no matter how much they emphasized it.

I think it works better with your own characters and though you couldn't follow the outline precisely, it could work and I think actually work better.
scott2978
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got most of the published adventures now, and I can say without a doubt that they are some of the worst ones I've seen for any RPG. With the wealth of info out there about the SW universe, all these writers could come up with was totally insane craziness like visiting a chunk of the planet Alderaan and going on a scavenger hunt that includes finding a piece of Darth Vader's "extra" suit. OMG just reading that one almost gave me an annurism it was so horrible. On the flip side, the booklet called "Instant Adventures" had some of the best game ideas I've ever seen in any SW RPG book. I've run three different groups through the one called "heavy Lifting" and it's turned out to be hillarious and exciting every time, though each group went about it slightly differently.

I can also say that the stuff being published by WoTC now for D20 SW is pretty darn good. I've started downloading everything they have and converting it all to D6. I suggest anyone looking for some cool stuff to do in their game check it out.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth_Kjeran wrote:
Chello!

Tony

I definately agree, the Otherspace adventures did not at all feel right for Star Wars. Never really looked at darkstryder much.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My top 3..

Black ice....
Raiders of the mailstrom
Starfall.
Darth_Kjeran
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chello!

KageRyu wrote:

I definately agree, the Otherspace adventures did not at all feel right for Star Wars. Never really looked at darkstryder much.

Yeah, sorta like Aliens or WH40K in feel.....

Tony
MA-3PO
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scott2978 wrote:
I can also say that the stuff being published by WoTC now for D20 SW is pretty darn good. I've started downloading everything they have and converting it all to D6. I suggest anyone looking for some cool stuff to do in their game check it out.
Like what? Except for prequel stuff all I've seen is rehashed WEG material...and now they're not producing anything.
Quote:
I am reading through Darkstryder and I think it is fairly decent. However, I actually thought the multi-player angle was all wrong for it no matter how much they emphasized it.

I think it works better with your own characters and though you couldn't follow the outline precisely, it could work and I think actually work better.
I'm curious..what is wrong with the multi-player angle? I've owned these books since they were released but I'm just now getting ready to run it for the first time. I've heard several people mention this about the multi-characters.
Vartax
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had chills when I read one from the Instant adventures Lords of the expanse. It felt a lot like Event Horizon. And I will admit that event horizon was one of the only movies that "got to me" in a spooky way.
scott2978
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scott2978 wrote:
MA-3PO wrote:
Like what? Except for prequel stuff all I've seen is rehashed WEG material...and now they're not producing anything.

I'm not talking about the books, I'm talking about the stuff they publish on their website. They had (maybe still have) monthly sections that give great resource material. One of them details a new planet every month. People, culture, stuff of interest, history, everything you want to know for using it as a "random planet" in your game. It was really quite good. Another one was short stories, just like the old WEG "Adventure Journal". At the end of each story they give the D20 stats for all the people and things in the story. I've got a lot of good ideas and some interesting NPC's from that one. They had a downloads page that includes like 50 pre-made adventures in PDF format that are free to download. They also had several other monthly sections that were somewhat useful. You should check it out!
Omega_Leader
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At one time I had the Lords of The Expanse boxed set, as well as the Character's Guide to Tapani Sector and Tapani Instant Adventures. Those were by far my favorite sourcebooks for d6 Star Wars.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: