The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Rogo Bupard, Sullustan Entertainer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Rogo Bupard, Sullustan Entertainer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tejma_Muhog
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Rogo Bupard, Sullustan Entertainer Reply with quote

An NPC I used a while back, for whom I wrote a silly theme song which follows (guess the original song I parodied and win a cookie).

ROGO BUPARD

The Sullustan singer Rogo Bupard attained galaxy-wide fame with his unique brand of old-fashioned sweeping ballads and swinging tunes, usually in Sullustese. His act -- Rogo Bupard and His Band of High Regard -- was beloved by most Sullustans and a wide audience of non-Sullustans.

Through his legendary lifetime, Rogo travelled across the galaxy, had hundreds of girlfriends, and developed a cult of personality that never quite grew as large as his ego eventually did. It's said Rogo was possibly the wealthiest Sullustan in history who was not on SoroSuub's corporate board. The few non-Sullustans who'd never heard of him became exposed to the legend via the popular holofilm It Was a Very Good Grub: The Life and Loves of Rogo Bupard, a biopic made during Rogo's life with his full cooperation.

Rogo's unexpected death nearly two years after the Battle of Endor brought sorrow to his billions of fans across the galaxy. The family's press release stated that Rogo died of heart failure, though in reality he'd been killed by a Pentastar Alignment poison intended for Wedge Antilles. The Band of High Regard broke up after his death; a few members built lucrative solo careers but never attained Rogo's level of fame.

It Was a Very Good Grub
(words and music by R. Bupard; written for the holofilm "It Was a Very Good Grub: The Life and Loves of Rogo Bupard")

When I was thirteen
It was a very good grub
It was a very good grub I munched on
In blue sauce so sweet
It was all I would eat
With its wriggling sheen
When I was thirteen

When I was twenty-one
It was a very good grub
It was a very good grub while spelunking
With my girl in deep caves
We had a few close shaves
And some clandestine fun
When I was twenty-one

When I was forty-five
It was a very good grub
It was a very good grub all mushed-up
Into grub-paste sublime
My partial dentures worked fine
It was as tasty as live
When I was forty-five

But now my diet's changed
I can't digest them, I fear
And now I think of my worms
In different terms
So glistening and grey
I miss them everyday
God bless SoroSuub
It was a very good grub
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great.

And the song I think is "When I was 17".
to finance my 'vette!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: