The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Vehicals
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Vehicals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZepDek
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Vehicals Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, There have been numerous Books, Net-books, and house rules about starships...Anything about speeder or walker scale vehicals?
What I'm looking for is some rules to help me for creating my own vehicals.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth is the guy you wanna talk to. He's got books for everything (or has made them!) and if he doesn't know the information you need right off the top of his head, chances are he can tell you where it's at.
ZepDek
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So....how do I get in touch with him?
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stick around long enough, he's bound to show up.

HEY! Waddyaknow!

Well, I don't really know of any specific rules for building vehicles. What exactly are you looking for. I can point you to my Vehicles Stats book, for a complete list of all the vehicles...
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, what you can do is take a stock vehicle of the basic type you want to build, make any cosmetic changes you want, and then use the rules for upgrading equipment and vehicles. If you're creating something completely new, that's a helpful way to have a reference point from which to start, and it can make the creation process a lot simpler. Gry's Vehicle Stats book is so complete, there's bound to be something in it that ought to be at least close to what you want to build.
Camero
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't ask the original question but I have one that goes with. I am currently putting together a large skateboard like repulsor lift powered "hover board" for a "kid" character who is more of a juvenile deliquent.
Do you know of any technical journals that I could refer to in making this vehical to make it fit the universe and not be to high tech. I have seen tiny droids using repulsor lift tech so I would tink I could build it into a board that would be 2' thick and 12' wide and 28' long.
Anyone out there with comments or ideas - or should I just wing it since it is all in good fun
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this a very simple concept that should fit right in. In fact, Galladinium's Fantastic Technology has something similar to that on page 52. It's called a Sky Slicer, though I think it's a bit bigger than what you had in mind. Nevertheless, the concept is the same, so a tech-inclined person could feasibly adapt droid's repulsors to build a hoverboard. As for the stats, I'd take the Sky Slicer ones and downgrade them considerably for a home-made, smaller board.
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an item for something that fits into all situations for this. It is as follows.

"The RepulsorLift"

This basic anti-grav generator provides a limited hover capability. It can lift a maximum of 100kg. It can provide hover for an altitude of up to 15 meters unassisted.

And that's the whole thing. It doesn't even have thrust. It doesn't get much more basic than that. Of course you can add to it, more weight than it's max will reduce the altitude, however.

So get one of those, bolt or weld it to a smoothly shaped board, provide a handle and foot straps to hold onto, and your set. It'll be like a slightly better version of the Hover-Board from Back to The Future 2, Time Travel Boogaloo.
to finance my 'vette!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: