The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Weird Dice Habits
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Weird Dice Habits Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rasputiza
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, usually we don't indulge into superstitious practicies, but i've seen some of mine players throw away (with some irrepetible curses Wink ) some dice after the fourth or fifth subsequent 001 (i'm talking about d100, since we only played MERP till last week... Very Happy )
Ras
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. And I thought that my fellow players were acting outside of the confines of reason when they said that they wouldn't toss dice into a tupperware container. They said that they need to roll the dice on a flat surface so it could roll, and thus come to their proper resting, rather than having it interupted by the walls of the container. (Of course, I always liked the tupperware, since it meant that when the rolled they didn't roll everywhere.)

But after reading this thread I don't think I'm going to say anything anymore.
Chabit Rane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a player that always tried to make a pyramid out of the dice. About all he ever really succeeded in doing was making a mess. I asked him about it once, he said that it gave his hands something to do.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Camero
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother is so paranoid about how terrible he rolls he usually has someone else roll for him. When he does finally get up the corrage to role for himself he always screws it up and sulks in fury as we all laugh ourselves silly at the continuation of his curse.
Firehawk0220
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of mine have any real strange habbits except maybe me. Even then I am not so strange.

I have several sets of die that I keep grouped by color. Only ones that are part of a set get grouped. I always have two different sets that I alternate between. Sometimes I'll get other completely different sets if I am not doing so well with either of the other two.

I never loan out dice. I also don't like others touching them. I noticed the other day that one of my players does the similar things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: