The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Pcs Escaping..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Pcs Escaping.. Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was pretty slick, garhkal!
scott2978
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Going back through my memories on escapes i have had...

Oen group (5 pcs and 2 npc medics), got captured by Moff Regula, on the planet of Holps. He imprisoned them, and placed a quartet of his elite guards... One of the party (a jedi) used affect mind, to -coerce- to guard into shooting his comrades and let them out. Well, when he made that AM roll, he set off a force 'wave'..

NOTE: Force waves are something i made up back in 93, to show things, like how vader sensed obiwan and such. Rolling over a certain number, makes all the other force users (if any) on a planet aware of your presence. Getting over a higher number makes those in that Star system/sector/quadrant/galaxy know of you.

So when he was sensed, the Moff was alerted to the fact that one of the party was a jedi. Several missions later, they get captured again, but to 'forestall' any minds being messed with, the Moff placed only Droid guards, with strict instructions to not go near the party. If any tried the 'ill person' trick, they were to use their sensors to scan the person, sending the data to the local doctors office, for analyis.

I agree with Skyler, that was really clever GM thinking garhkal!

@ Tahlorn - I should clarify that what I believe in is making the event of being captrured a very traumatic and hopeless experience, which is not actually the same as not giving them any chance at all of escape. Things like torture, permanent maiming, beatings, ect will make PCs wary of getting captured and keep it a very bad experience, but at the same time it makes the escape from such a place all the more exciting and worthwhile. There is one catch however. A party that knows how bad it is to be captured will try everything in their power to NOT get captured, even opting for suicide in some cases rather than surrender and face more torture. This could prevent you from using capture in the future as part of an adventure. You should be careful to make it clear that every entity doesn't treat it's prisoners as bad as the Empire. Even still, mentioning that some (ie: Black Sun) treat their prisoners even worse than the Empire will send a chill through your group. For independant characters, being captured by both sides of the Galactic Civil War may be just what you need to convince them to join the Alliance. There are a lot of interesting possibilities when you make capture a terrifying and horrific prospect instead of more-or-less a short vacation. But that doesn't mean there is no way out. It just means making their time spent in Imperial prisons as unpleasant as possible, which will pay off in the long run.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank ya much... Love compliments.

Though the sickest pc capture and imprison, resulted in a TPK... Why? Well, the pcs kept on trying to escape (and doing so) only to keep going after the baddie and his 3 henchmen. They kept on getting re-captured (4 times total!) and getting re-imprisonned in a harder to get out of cell. So the last one, he said, to heck with it, stick their butts in the Incinerator room, and weld the door shut!... a few minutes after it was sealed, the bad guys booked out of dodge due to the Pc's reinforcements showing up, and they failed to get help....
Firehawk0220
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rarely if ever do my players get captured. Even then, the same villian would never hold them twice. The second time would end with the villian killing them or the villian getting killed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: