The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Thought This Day Would Never Come
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Thought This Day Would Never Come
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamlumina93
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Thought This Day Would Never Come Reply with quote

Well I thought for a long time that I would never have to see this day but it has finally come. After recent changes in my life, adding a new member to my family, and with changes with my work schedule and personal life I have decided that I am going to sell my collection of books on Ebay. A little for financial reasons but mostly because I lack the time go GM anymore let alone play a game on a regular basis. I know there are those out there that will call me foolish for letting go of such prized goods, but as a true fan I would rather someone get good use out of them rather than them sit in a closet and collect dust. I will put a list up on this post in the next day or so. If there is anything that you are looking for please let me know and I will let you know if I have it. I have had alot of fun with the game over the years but now it is time to pass these on to someone who will use them more.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear you're giving up on the whole SWRPG scene. Real life certainly can be a real b**** sometimes....

Hope you still manage to keep your inner-child happy and well fed with fantasies.

But on to the books, where are you located? Me or someone in my group might be interested in aquiring some new books....
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always hard to give up not only the possessions, but the way of life. I completely empathize with your decision.

I hope you will continue to post with us when time allows. If nothing else, it can be a nice mental vacation from reality. Smile
adamlumina93
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all I am in Montana. I was planning that if anyone wanted any of the books I have we can work out a deal through Ebay, like a buy it now and someone can bid right after I post it. Or I was just thinking of reimbursement on 10% to anyone from this site who buys the book when I ship it to them. All of them are 2nd Edition unless noted. Now for the list of books:

Tales of the Jedi Companion
Pirates and Privateers
Han Solo and The Corporate Sector
Shadows of the Empire
Operation Elrood
Alien Encounters
Second Edition GM Screen (White Cover)
Heroes and Rogues
Galaxy Guide 6 Tramp Freighters 1st Edition
Galaxy Guide 6 Tramp Freighters
Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
Imperial Sourcebook
Rules of Engagement The Rebel Spec Force Handbook
Gundarks Fantastic Technology
The Far Orbit Project
Platts Starport Guide
Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook Special Edition
Platts Smugglers Guide
The Jedi Academy Sourcebook
The Last Command
2x Star Wars Roleplaying Game (Blue with Vader on cover)
Galaxy guide 2 1st Edition
2x Galaxy Gide 3 1st Edition
Star Wars Roleplaying Game R&E
Star Wars GM Screen R&E
Droids (Printed PDF Version)
Galladiums Fantastic Tech (Printed PDF Version)
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great! Let us know your Ebay ID and when you plan to post the items so we can keep a look out.

Once again, sorry to hear you're parting with your collection. At least this way they'll go to good homes.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very cool. Though with you being in Montana, I don't think me or my players will be bidders in this.

By the way, I wouldn't recommend selling your printed PDF books, I think that wouldn't be quite legal.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY good advice, Gry.

Likewise, I'm sorry to see you have to bail out. I've been there, and it SUCKED. Even now, my only gaming anymore is what I get online, so I also empathize with you.

But keep your PDFs. Like me, you never know when you'll be able to get back into it. And in my case, I'd run across some books every now and again and at least thumb through them, just enjoying re-reading over the information.

So, congratulations on the new family member, condolences on how real life has so encroached upon your current position, and here's hoping that you find total peace and contentment in your new circumstances. Know that you're welcome here anytime!
adamlumina93
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone I didnt think everyone would be so cool with my decision. I have most of the books on a cd that I am keeping and I am planning on giving away the pdfs with some of the other books to keep it on the legal side. I should have them up on Ebay by Saturday I hope. They will be under my wifes ebay account which is Montanwomn so just keep checking in case I dont make it back to post on here.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am planning on giving away the pdfs with some of the other books to keep it on the legal side.

A word of advice: That is in no way, shape, or form legal. Regardless if you're giving them away free with a purchase, that counts as sale. Possessing them, while not legal, isn't going to draw attention. The distribution is much worse. If you don't want them anymore, just delete them. Don't risk it.
Rasputiza
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, i agree with Masque: distributing copies of copyrighted material (for a small amount of cash, moreover) is taking quite a risk... ...even ig at WEG might not bother, i'm sure that WTC and LFL (i mean: the authorities that look that noone is breaking copyright laws...) could have some words to say over this kind of deals ...
Ras
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: