The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Rebel and New Republic Soldier
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Rebel and New Republic Soldier
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taliesin_Bardwolf
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Rebel and New Republic Soldier Reply with quote

Hellow everybody. I'm still making my database, and again I have some troubles.

¿In any book from WEG stats for a typical New Republic trooper are shown? If not, ¿what stats do you use? ¿A standard rebel trooper ones?

In the same way of thinking...¿do you know any site where these all stats are shown? I mean, official and fanmade stats for rebel and New Republic troopers, elite forces, pilots, etc.

It would be a great help to me Very Happy

Thanks in advance
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heroes and Rogues has templates for a variety of Rebellion, NR, Imperial and Fringe characters. I would use one of those as a base, and adapt from there. The R&E GM Screen also has a selection of templates and NPC stats that might be useful. If you look in the Fanmade Sourcebook thread in the Tools section, there's a Template collection you can download. I don't think it includes the NPC stats, though.
Taliesin_Bardwolf
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, ¡¡¡thanks for the help!!! I'll try that books, they seem funny
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send me your email address (via pm), and i will write down for you, the stats for the standard rebel trooper from the source book..
Taliesin_Bardwolf
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gharkal, thanks a lot fot you help, but I have the source book and standar rebel trooper stats. I need stats for New Republic standar soldier, and other types of troopers from Rebellion and New Republic, as elite trooper, snowtrooper (if they exist) etc. I have also spec forces from the ¿cracken? book, so they are not needed.

Very Happy
Taliesin_Bardwolf
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, sorry. I have re-readed the typical rebel soldier entry in the source book, and I have seen they are the stats for rebel and New Republic, so I have what I was searching for just in front of my eyes :S

And now I have found it... ¿don't you think a New Republic soldier must be more trained than a rebel soldier? New Republic army is more organizated and training, ¿isn't it?
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not necessarily. Remember that the Rebellion times were much more desperate for the Alliance, and their forces were not that vast. That meant every man counted, each soldier needed the best training possible to ensure victory. If they coudln't rely on numbers, then victory was only possible through quality. Now, with the New Republic, things were more comfortable, with near-galactic control, their forces certainly swelled and the fight was not as desperate, so you might imagine that training didn't need to reach the highest possible standards.

So, if anything, I'd say Rebel troops would be more qualified than New Republic troops. However, I'm ok with them being pretty much the same...
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not as if the NR troops served in a time of relative peace. If it wasn't sessionist movements, alien invasions, or the Remnant attacking, then something was obviously wrong.

Speaking of which, does anyone have an estimate of how many years of "peace" existed after Endor? I'm thinking only a few.
Taliesin_Bardwolf
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Gry. I understand your point of view, although that's not what I had taken. I mean... ¿do rebel soldiers really receive training (not counting real combat Razz)?. I thought they receive only little training, cause they have no real time for it.

And New Republic army is a real army, with instalations, funds, etc. That's is why I believed they would be better.

But your point of view is interesting. Even so...¿do you think guys rebel soldiers are so better than stormtroopers as rulebook stats show?

And Pel, ¿there is ever a time of peace for the New Republic? Razz Coz I think they really really need a holydays time Razz
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree with Gry in saying that the Rebels probably are better in general than both New Republic and Imperial troops. Whether they get more training or not is irrelevant, training is no substitute for combat experience.

New Republic troops and Imperials probably do have the benefit of more training. In the Imperial case, however, those troops are largely used in "peace-keeping" missions, keeping worlds subjugated to the Empire. Some will see action, but due to the overwhelming size of the Imperial military, the majority who don't see action bring the average down. For the New Republic, a similar rule applies, in that most of the actions will be geared towards security ops, and stabilizing the new government. There will be those with experience, particularly veterans from the Rebellion, but with no open war, the reduction in experience will lower their average stats.

The Rebel troops, however, were constantly fighting against incredible odds. While they may have lacked formal training, those who weren't up to the rigors of combat simply didn't survive. As a consequence of this, the Rebellion has a larger percentage of battle-hardened combat vets in it at any given time, and while their numbers are much smaller than that of the Imperial or New Republic forces, their per capita effectiveness is consequently much higher.
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pel wrote:
Speaking of which, does anyone have an estimate of how many years of "peace" existed after Endor? I'm thinking only a few.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

...there is only WAR!
to finance my 'vette!
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called "Star Wars".

If there is peace, then we're just left with the Stars.......

The only periods where there's no war going on are those which are not covered by any novel: The 6-year span preceding the New Jedi order, the 6 years after that series is over, and of course, the years of Imperial rule before the Galctic Civil War.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: