The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Good vs. Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Good vs. Evil Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's quite alright, Akari! There's NOTHING wrong with being that way. In fact, it's quite commendable, regardless of what people these days would tell you.

You are correct. It just might help you considerably to keep playing characters drastically different than you. It ought to give you some perspective, at the very least.

Just don't let it change you. Wink
Firehawk0220
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Care to send pms out of what that is??

Well no one on here plays in my games so it doesn't matter. The main thing is really that he's much more ambitious than Palleon is.

He's got a factory in a remote section of space. It was setup by the Emperor and he was told to stay their and build forces. This is not at all diss-similar to how Admiral Dala was treated and told to guard the Maw installation, and this is just like his other stashes of weapons and ships.

Though he's building ISD's and other ships at an alarming rate, and he's got a functioning cloning facility like the one on Camino. This facility was started as an Area 51 type installation and this Admiral was sent there to guard the facility and administrate the contruction of this secret army. The most recent buildup began just before the Battle of Endor and as a result its much bigger than the New Republic thinks it is.

So basically his big secret is a secret base with a massive space fleet and standing army, that was built "just in case" but was never called for since he died prematurely.

The players are largely ignoring him because he's a nice guy. And they don't know about what all he's packing.
daphnebluestrat
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me, I like the conflicted-hero types.

My favorite character ever was a guy named Myn Antilles. He was good. Goodie-goodie, even.

Stealing? Wrong, even stealing from crime lords.
Killing? Wrong, even killing those nasty Aqualish thugs who are trying to gun him down.
Lying? Wrong, even to get a shipful of food to a colony of starving Sullistans.

But he "had to" get work as a bounty hunter, even though he was basically a pacifist. And adding his teenage sister to the mix (as his unofficial partner, obviously against their parents' will) didn't help his conscience at all. Neither did "abandoning" his friend and one-time partner to die, in order to save his sister.

Good stuff.
Firehawk0220
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daphnebluestrat wrote:
Me, I like the conflicted-hero types.

My favorite character ever was a guy named Myn Antilles. He was good. Goodie-goodie, even.

Stealing? Wrong, even stealing from crime lords.
Killing? Wrong, even killing those nasty Aqualish thugs who are trying to gun him down.
Lying? Wrong, even to get a shipful of food to a colony of starving Sullistans.

But he "had to" get work as a bounty hunter, even though he was basically a pacifist. And adding his teenage sister to the mix (as his unofficial partner, obviously against their parents' will) didn't help his conscience at all. Neither did "abandoning" his friend and one-time partner to die, in order to save his sister.

Good stuff.

Agreed. Characters like that are far more interesting. Though I've personally generally only played characters that are one extreme or another. I did have one. He was a commando, and basically he was brutal, but protective of his friends and commrades. His code of conduct and code of honor was very selective.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: