The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Maximum Actions Per Round
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Maximum Actions Per Round Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akari
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In our campaign we can do so many actions until one of them would drop below 1d if you took another one. Worked pretty well so far. So, in our example he would need a revolver skill (specialization) of 14d to fire 6 shots, reload and fire another 6 shots in one round (13 actions). Unfortunately one round is still longer then 2.99 seconds...

So, perhaps you could develop an advanced skill that allows you to empty an entire magazine in one or two actions. Hitting 14 targets in 3 rounds however is entirely possible under the current ruleset, though quite unlikely if you ask me.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We follow the -1D per additional action rule and haven't had much trouble with it.

I've found that players (myself included) only fire a riduculous number of shots / round if they're faced with massive numbers of weak opponents. When pitted against skilled or superior opponents, they take far fewer shots, devoting more of their attention to the fight instead of taking the penalty and raining lead on the entire block.

It really depends on how the GM wants to run the NPC opponents.
Vartax
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading this topic, and having that kind of limitation put on my characters before, I came to like the idea of the number of any actions that a character does under Dex (which is all the attacks on a character level) are limited by the die total. Thus if a character had 6d in blaster they could shoot up to 6 times. This also works with the powerful jedi that has mucho force skills in lightsaber combat. If said jedi has 6d lighter saber and 6 dice in sense to attack that is 11d per the game rules which means un restricted they could attack many more than 6, but with this variation they are limited to only 6.
Camero
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the Jedi with 11d (6 lightsaber and 5 control) to use his lightsaber would be able to do 11 lightsaber actions if necessary - block 8 blaster shots and slice 3 guys. I just see it as a benefit of the force, it really increases his skill to the point that multiple actions become much more do-able. But that is just me.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akari wrote:
In our campaign we can do so many actions until one of them would drop below 1d if you took another one. Worked pretty well so far. So, in our example he would need a revolver skill (specialization) of 14d to fire 6 shots, reload and fire another 6 shots in one round (13 actions). Unfortunately one round is still longer then 2.99 seconds...

So, perhaps you could develop an advanced skill that allows you to empty an entire magazine in one or two actions. Hitting 14 targets in 3 rounds however is entirely possible under the current ruleset, though quite unlikely if you ask me.

If you're talking that kind of quick time frame, I'm going to have to assume the character is using speed loaders; unless they're A) Force-boosting their abilities, or B) Cybernetically enhanced to speed up their reflexes, they're not going to be able to fire six shots, reload six cylinders, and fire another six shots in that short a time...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: