The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Looking for Online Players for new game
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups -> Looking for Online Players for new game
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Looking for Online Players for new game Reply with quote

This will be a game that uses the program Galaxy Games Online. It's a simple download and then allows computer to computer chat with a built in dice roller and other features.

The game will be set after Star Wars: A New Hope, and focuses on action/adventure in the unknown. No Jedi, but a pilot and some combat oriented people would be good. Additionally, someone that can do some investigating will also be helpful.

I'm looking to get two to three players, who won't mind using the GGO program and can play starting at 7 PM Pacific Time on Wednesday, and play for a minimum of two hours. The games won't likely go over two hours, but we like to get a couple hours of gaming in a week. It will be every Wednesday unless something comes up for people and word is given in advance to everyone.

If you're interested in partaking in this game, or have any questions on the game, post here!
themuffinman1201
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good idea. I would love to get in on that, but in about a month I won't be able to becasue of marching band camp (it's not at night I just get really tired and fall asleep at like 8).
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, no takers?

Here's a little set up...

The group is approached by a professor at a university of sector-wide repute. His associate and good friend, who was on a quest, has gone missing. The last communication from him was nearly a month ago, and was garbled beyond nearly all recognition. The professor is willing to pay well for the group to assist him in finding his associate on a planet known only as Sendsellzha. Prior communications from the missing man in the field indicate that the planet was not only difficult to get to, but had some rather strange life forms on it.

Supplied with the gear they need, the group sets off to find the missing person, only to discover that the planet where the fellow went missing ALSO seems to be missing...not found on the star charts. The professor, though, knows the planet is out there and knows his friend is on it, so the adventure begins.
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*mutters under breath* 7PM PST... Wednesday... *whispering calculations*... carry the two....

Aw poop! Time's no good for me.
jenth
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you bumbed the game 1 hour later I could more than likely play.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Camero
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to play, I am dying to play. But if PST is Pacific Standard Time and is the time on the west coast (like LA) then that is a really bad time for me here in London (we are 8 hours a head). If I have it wrong and PST is something else let me know! When I get home to the states maybe I can join these games - but with my luck then it will be the people in London looking to set up games Rolling Eyes
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you're correct about the time zone...

Which is the main reason Play By Post games RULE so much! They've made it possible for me to get back into some really great gaming.
Akari
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this wasnt 4 in the morning over here I'd be game... Confused
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well rats, a board filled with gamers and nary a one can make it.

To answer some questions: Yes, PST is Pacific Standard Time.
I can't really bump it later, as that puts things too late for me who has to get up really early in the morning.
I don't like doing PBP, as they move so darn slow. In one sitting with this format, I can accomplish what takes a month in PBP.
The only thing I could do is move the game night to Monday, Tuesday or Thursday, but it would still have to be at the same time on account of scheduling.
Too bad I can't grab some of the Europeans, or Southeast Asians for that matter, but that's the drawback of time differences.

So if people can consistantly make another weekday mentioned, at 7 PM PST, then let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: