The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Jedi Knights
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Jedi Knights Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akari
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never played with Templates, cause I believe it hinders creativity a little, but I do believe youre right, Garkhal! No starting character should have force skills higher then 1d, cause I think that unbalances things quite a bit.

At least in our campaign advancement in force skills is extremely slow. I've been playing my junior Padawan for almost 2 years and I was able to raise all my stats (began at 1d in all) to a startling 2d... GM didn't alow me to raise em more till I spent some significant time training. Not that I would have the CP to advance em any further... Confused
DoubtBreak
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Jedi Trials Reply with quote

As far as the movies go, Qui-gon Jinn mentions that Obi-wan "is ready to face the trials" to become a Jedi Knight. Similarly, I've always favored a system of characters becoming a Jedi Knight or Jedi Master based on accomplishments rather than skills.

The Power of the Jedi sourcebook from Wizards of the Coast (using the d20 rules) gives some guidelines for this. The book is out of print right now and kind of hard to find, but I understand it's being reprinted in June. They list a few of the requirements: competency in some Force skills (telekinesis, life sense, possibly Accelerate Another's Healing - it varies from teacher to teacher), proficiency with the lightsaber and the ability to protect others, proper judgment (by being "quizzed" with a set of moral dilemmas the student must solve), and some kind of solo mission- presumably one that not only has the possibility of direct negative consequences, but also the temptation for the student to consider the dark side of the Force as an option to make the mission succeed.

As a general figure, I might use 4D in Force skills, 4D in Jedi Lore, and 6D in Lightsaber, and add 4D to each of those for a Master. But the problem with making those the only standard for the titles, is that a character with no Jedi training whatsoever might find a way to gain those skills and start calling himself/herself a Jedi. All Jedi are Force-users, but not all Force-users are Jedi; sadly, mis-use of the term "Jedi" in some of the earlier Star Wars novels created confusion on this subject that persists even now.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My stat limits pretty much mirror those posted by Grimace, but we also give heavy emphasis on how the Jedi behaves and responds to various "temptations". A lot of it is roleplaying, whether the Jedi wants to be a very disciplined "by the book" guy or kind of a rogue like Qui-Gon or Corran. So long as they stick to their guns, act in character, and have fun, we make the title thing a secondary issue.
Rerun941
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully, I will be GMing a SWd6 campaign here shortly, and for some odd reason I remembered this thread. I guess I was thinking that I might run a pre-ANH campaign. So, here's my take:

FS - Learner
1D - Novice
2D - Adept
3D - Apprentice
Collectively FS thru 3D, Jedi are "Padawans"

4D - Knight
6D - Protector
8D - Guardian
Collectively 4D thru 9D, Jedi are "Knights"

10D - Master
12D - Grand Master
Collectively anything above 10D is a "Master"

Obviously there is margin for error and having 4D in your Force skills might only mean you are READY for the Knight Trials.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: