The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

suggestion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> suggestion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volo Enrunk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: suggestion Reply with quote

hi im relativly new to the site but i've been playing sw se d6 for many many years now, um a quick suggestion on some new info posted in oct the starship weps, maybe a scale listing, i know most are capital but some can fit on a starfighter,and does this tonage include upgrading power supplies to these weapons? i make my characters upgrade or replace power cores if they do to much i figure most systems can handle about 2 more laser cannons then they have... also i saw one of the character has some weapons called the sunbeam rifle and pistol? can you give a background and reasoning behind such a devistating weapon? so i can have a reason to own my players with it. and do you have any objections to us using "Bad Karma" as NPC assuming they don't die, until i at least get to vector prime in the time lines... i mean they did kill chewie then. thanks
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh Volo, welcome to the Forums!

In reference to your question: "does this tonage include upgrading power supplies to these weapons?"

That would be a GM's Discression bit. I'd, personally, think that it would. Why sell something that won't work when you get it (Now, I know, "To make a Quick Buck" comes to mind, but most companies want repeat customers now that they figured out that that is where the real money is!).

But, when the Players start packing Quad-Turbolasers and try to Jury-Rig that Planetary Defense Ion Cannon onto the YT-1210... Well... You gotta put your foot down somewheres, eh?
Volo Enrunk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

muchos gracias! so you think that the weapons come with power cores... hrm so how much do you think fighter weapons weigh like the a wing stuff?
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If by Fighters you mean Starfighters, their systems probably weigh less than the stats give on the Rancor Pit, and my own Mass Drivers...

See, Starfighters get the Cutting Edge Technology, Miniturized, Light Weight Alloys, ect. And pay through the nose for 'em! They're high performance military craft, and deserve the very best!

Freighters, which by their very nature, are civilian craft, and are easily modifiable for those systems... And, as such, have space and hauling capacity to spare, so they get the cheaper (But no less reliable, if not MORE reliable because it's tested technology!), but heavier and bulkier gear.

Military Freighters now... They'll stick with the Civilian stuff usually. Just as effective, and cheaper in both purchase price and spare parts.
Volo Enrunk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well my groups jedi has an a wing and changed all the weps over to ion stuff and the only starfighter scale ion gun is on the y wing so i just used the stats for it but he wanted to add a nose gun too since it only has wing mounted systems i wouldnt think thats impossible so i let him but i dropped his speed a little usually when they want to improve some thing i punish them in another way increase the hull on a star fighter i drop the manuver 1d for every +1 hull they get and drop the speed 1 catagory too. for bigger ships i just drop the speed when they up the hull or add a shield generator or something. got to keep the players poor also don't forget to charge your players cost of living and stuff like that!
roguesquad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would probably let them use weapons that I know that can't be abused. But when in doubt, and it can be abused, the weapon can always be targeted. And the ship could be marked for robbery if the whole ship is a problem. Gives the characters more adventures too, if they want it again. Your players should thank you! Ok, maybe they won't exactly thank you for taking away their prize weapon, but they wil have fun at least! Smile
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An adventure would work.

Play "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" or watch "Gone in 60 Seconds" (Both versions, although the newer one actually has actors in it!). That'll get you ideas for how to run something like that.

Quick game idea: Tommy Vercetti is an up-and-coming crimelord, and needs to protect himself. So he puts an order in with his gang to get Starfighters, preferably ones that are worth maintaining (Read: "NO TIES!!!"), by any means neccessary. And, after hearing about the infamous A-Wing of your Jedi, decides to put his best Shipjacker on it (Himself), as it would make a killer ride!!!

Even if the Jedi gets it back (Good luck!), the A-Wing is still furthur modified... Pinstriping, Heated Corellian Leather Seats, Fuzzy Dice, Landing Gear turned into a Lowrider, and the Targeting System Jammer has been removed to make room for a KICK-ARSE sound system!!!

Of course, he's also spilled Lum all over the controls and made them all sticky...
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: suuggestion Reply with quote

Volo Enrunk wrote:
do you have any objections to us using "Bad Karma" as NPC assuming they don't die

Feel free, that's why they're there. And if you'd like to kill them off in your universe, that's fine too. You have complete control over the entire universe in your campaign. Very Happy

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad karma are sooooo uber... it'd take a deathstar to beat them down...
sunbeam weapon... *shivers* Confused

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: suuggestion Reply with quote

Volo Enrunk wrote:
also i saw one of the character has some weapons called the sunbeam rifle and pistol? can you give a background and reasoning behind such a devistating weapon?

Here's a previous discussion about the sunbeam blasters.

The original RANCOR PIT archive

Last edited by Loc Taal on Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Volo Enrunk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the link. i saw the sunbeam thread after i posted that sorry for the low search total on that one...
Wookie rage
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, the only thing I'd say is be careful on how much you take away from the characters. There's nothing more discouraging than to spend so much money on something, only to have the ships stats stay relatively the same. If you really want to bring stuff down, I would suggest every two to three times. That way your players won't get bummed out by their ship.

"Let's just say we'd like to avoid any Imperial entanglements." ~Obi Wan Kenobi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: