The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

First of the New Chronicles
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> First of the New Chronicles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronin84
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: First of the New Chronicles Reply with quote

I have an idea but could use input and help for my face to face group.

The setting is after the Jedi Purge, not long after though. The group is made up of a family that has great influence on their planet. They may or may not be actual leaders on the planet but the planet comes to the attention of the newly formed Empire.

The Empire is slowly moving forward and the "rebellion" is in it's infancy but I want the family to get drawn into the mess and have to choose sides.

I can see this having great role playing aspects but my concern is what area of space do I want this in.

I can see the planet as being tech advanced but not cutting edge tech. Do I look at outer-rim or expansion area?

What do you guys think?

Roninsgames.proboards85.com
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the level of Imperial interference you want.

For example, the Empire had definitely established their presence on Tatooine; troopers were everywhere. However, you'll notice that crime ran rampant, gangsters were the real power there, and the only time the stormtroopers stationed there seemed to be interested in anything was when they were following specific orders (looking for R2-D2 and C-3PO). As with other Rim worlds, the Empire didn't usually go to the tremendous expense of keeping their garrisons there well-staffed, well-supplied, or upgraded in a timely fashion. The closer you get to the Core, however, the more strongly felt their presence gets.

However, just because the Empire is there does NOT mean the world is on the cutting edge of technology. The Empire subjugated plenty of worlds with primitive populations; there's nothing to stop you from creating your own planet that is hyperdrive-capable, blaster-toting, and aware of the galaxy around them while at the same time having their ships be two or three generations behind the current standard, their blasters not nearly as powerful as the standard, and their views turned slightly more inward than other spacefaring populations. This could then provide a certain naiivete' that allows the Empire to move in rather smoothly, perhaps even accepted by the majority of the population, what with their promises of a "safe and secure society," the lure of technological upgrades, etc. You could take this a number of different ways. Overall, though, it boils down to that first question: how heavy an Imperial presence do you want on this world?
Ronin84
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want the Imperial presence in it's infancy, the change from Clone to Stormtroopers is beginning so I have imagined this as being a slow leak into the world's infrastructure trying to turn it from the inside out.

Then when the time is right the "invasion" begins somewhere along the lines of the end of what I am calling the first chronicle....still working on a name.

Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might then write up this world as being of interest for an indigenous product- a plant with healing properties, some ore or gas that is used in production, something along those lines.

The clone presence would then be explained as having been sent to keep the world out of the hands of the Separatists. Once the wars are officially over, the garrison simply remains to serve as an "auxilliary force" to augment the abilities of the local constabulatory, or even as a staging point to serve as an aux force for worlds throughout the sector. Then the fist just tightens its grip...
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd look for a world in the Mid Rim. Not something the Empire feels it must quickly dominate completely in order to keep its heart safe, and not something that's so out of the way no one much cares. Mid Rim sounds good...
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. I agree. And as I said, you'll want it to be important enough for Palpatine to have established some presence there, but not overwhelming enough that no one can do anything...

Now, later on is another matter... Twisted Evil
Ronin84
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...

I am thinking some kind of "hard" water that is used as coolant for hyperdrives or some such.....

We will then introduce the new "Moff" as someone who wants to come in and help with the production of the coolant, of course there would be some changes made in personnel.....

Ronin84
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...

What I have come up with so far is that we have a mid rim world that is important but not critical for one of it's natural resources, a gas that is used for: ____________. The clone garrison that is there is going to be reassigned soon and a new Imperial Governor (Erden Goss) is being assigned to the planet.

The planet (not yet named) is run by a council of guilds, all important to the gas mining, production and transportation off planet. The three guilds I have names for so far are: Nasor Mining, Dol-Reyne Manufacturing and Trask Transport.

The Imperial Governor is going to come in nice and easy and be everyone's friend but then to get the pc's involved someone is sabotaging the gas production and the pc's (made up of family members from those families) begin to investigate.

((I have some more ideas but nothing concrete, what do you guys think?))

Cool McCool
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy man...

I think this would be awesome for a Burning Empires/Star Wars hack.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless Bespin is the only source of Tibanna gas, your planet could also be a site for it. (I don't remember the specifics of Tibanna, how it comes about and such. The only thing I remember concretely about it is that Bespin is a gaseous planet, which of course makes it much more likely to have mineable gasses available- but a planet doesn't need to be that way for this purpose; it just helps).

Or, it could be a different kind of blaster gas, one not quite as potent as Tibanna, but cheaper and therefore still in high demand. That way the Empire will DEFINITELY want to control it.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I remember, Tibanna is not exclusive to Bespin. However that's the only place where you can get "spin-sealed Tibanna gas" or something like that, which makes is grade-a quality.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought there was something special about the Tibanna that came from Bespin. Thanks, Gry. As always, THE fount of SW knowledge! Even greater than my own...

...just don't tell my wife I admitted that...hehehe Laughing
Ronin84
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok....

We will be starting the campaign on another planet one along a trade route, the pc's, older childeren to the movers and shakers on their planet are there for (insert reason).

Getting ready to leave they are approached by a pretty well dressed man and a bodyguard who ask for transport off planet. While negotiations are going on three to five people try and kill the well dressed man. Hopefully all will work out Wink and they will get off the planet.

Enroute we will discuss why he is going and all he will say is that he has business with the planetary governor. Will explain that he is just looking for a nice quiet trip and that he is not sure who those people who were, who were trying to kill him.

Upon arriving to the planet the group splits up and they all find out that there is a new planetary governor who is coming and that the old one does not really want to go. The current governor is having a little party for (insert reason) and they being who they are, are expected to be there.

As the party goes on the sitting governor begins to look nervous as more and more of the "house" guard are being pulled away on various excuses. It is soon that the new Planetary Governor makes his appearance and of course it is are well dressed passenger. The party continues but there is some stress.

The next morning the old governor has left the planet Wink and the new one is firmly seated, and of course he wants to thank his new "friends" for helping him out.

Ok...that is the first part I am working on the second....it has to do with a grand tour of the planet and of course another attempt on the PG's life. Smile

Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I think you have a nice setup there, but it seems you're missing an actual adventure. Everything is pretty much straightforward and the PCs just seem to be watching most of the events unfold. I think some sort of action at the dinner would certainly be beneficial to the adventure.
Ronin84
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed there will be intrigue as the players start to poke around and into what is happening...they will have a lot to do with what is happening I am just hitting the plot outline. They will, I am sure take it and run with it in directions I have not thought of. Smile

The big part is really in the beginning when the new contracts they negotiated in the beginning begin to unravel...and there new friend may have to help smooth some stuff out for them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: