The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

RPOL online Star Wars D6 game starting up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups -> RPOL online Star Wars D6 game starting up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roguesquad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: RPOL online Star Wars D6 game starting up Reply with quote

Tales of the Ocean Hauler

The game is based in the classic rebellion time line, shortly before the destruction of the first Deathstar. As Rebels, the group will be facing some unique hurdles being that they are not the best of the best, and their supplies are sub par. It's being played on RPOL, and I have two players already confirmed, and a third in the design stage for their character. I am allowing the use of nearly all races in the species books, and I am willing to work with newer players that need help learning the system. Just follow the link at the top of the page, and it'll take you right to the site.

Code:
                               ________   ___   ____
                              / __   __| / _ \ |  _ \
                         _____> \ | |   |  _  ||    /__________________
                        / ______/ |_|   |_| |_||_|\___________________ \
                       / /                                            \ \
                      | |                                              | |
                      | |       Tales of the Scavenger Squadron        | |
                      | |                                              | |
                       \ \__________________    _   ___   ____   _____/ /
                        \_________________  |  | | / _ \ |  _ \ / _____/
                                          | |/\| ||  _  ||    / > \        LS
                                           \_/\_/ |_| |_||_|\_\|__/

The Rebellion is growing as the Empire grows and solidifies its power more and more each day. Facing huge numbers, and unlimited supplies and troops, the Rebellion lives on in name, but fewer and fewer actions even make the news of a single planet, never mind being broadcast in some holocast on other planet. By all reports, the Empire is without even the tiniest of scratches on the surface.

Sheer desperation leaves the Rebellion accepting every resource they can. They don't have the option of turning a weapon, or member away. Even when those supplies are junk, or the member is as much a hindrance as a benefit. That's where the transport ship, the Ocean Hauler, a reconfigured water hauler that has had a long history before ever being used by the Rebellion, comes in. The old ship, reconfigured into a mobile hangar, and troop ship has seen better days. After the last combat it was in, the Ocean Hauler was decommissioned, and left to serve as a storage hangar. Where various junk piles, and supply stores were kept. The crew, well aware they were trying to keep track of junk, and barely serviceable emergency supplies slowly filtered out into more functional positions. Soon, the only crew aboard became technicians. Mostly those who passing through, trying to make repairs on their own ships.

Due to desperation, the Ocean Hauler had it's engines jury rigged once more to make a run from an Imperial ship that stumbled onto the operation by following another ship that was using the junkyard. That started it on the path to further repairs, and finally putting back into service. That may not have been for the best however. It was still considered a pile of junk. With no workable weapons since they taken to more needy ships, the Ocean Hauler finally turned into a waste of the Rebellion. Where those who were possibly punished, or unwanted being assigned to some duty aboard the ship.

Now, after the point of filling the ship once again with a full flight crew, they are one sorry bunch of a crew. The Scavenger Squadron, a fighter squadron aboard the ship, aptly named due to the ships being repaired or rebuilt or reclaimed. Half the ships are uglies, literally consisting of a variety of star fighters put together into one usable fighter. The pride of the squad, might be be held equally by the single Y wing, and the Z-95. Both of which are outfitted with parts still designed for the ships. The other two ships, are in better shape, but hardly fought over as to who gets to fly them. Both are imperial ships, a TIE fighter, and TIE advanced fighter. Brought over with defecting Imperial pilots, the two pilots still have their issues with the Rebels, due to their new assignment, and due to them untrusted enough for other squadrons. It's a tough go, but what else can one do?

As Player Characters, there are a lot of ways that one can try and get in on this game. Certainly offering to play as the ex-Imperials will present a challenge. But perhaps you are one of the Rebel Pilots who have been around longer, so why are you out on the Ocean Hauler, a waste dump of supplies and troops? Why are you sent to the left overs of the Rebellion? The new Captain of the ship, while equally deserving of placement aboard the transport, has shown that he too is not going to be earning any positions off ship anytime soon.

Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably sign up shortly. I'll register on your board when I come up with the character's name (and use that for my board name)
roguesquad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fine. Generally people don't use a character name all the time over there. They use a nickname, an often coined user name from a chat room, whatever they like. Since it is so easy to find good games over there on RPOL, the user ends up in a few games. So as a result, they have numerous characters.

I believe there are over a thousand games that are active at any time.

Either way, I look forward to hearing from you. Very Happy
roguesquad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bump.

Still looking for more players. The game is up to 4 players now. I'd like to see a couple more join up. Jump on by and check it out.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still building my character... it's been on hold as I finish up a contract. Probably have it done before December though Smile
Kayle Skolaris
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RogueSquad, I'd like to join, but I need to talk to the GM and run some ideas past him. Who do I talk to?
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roguesquad is the gm Razz you just click thte request acces and itll send to r2-d2, which is roguesquad on that forum. im a verpine tech Razz

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
roguesquad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ankhanu wrote:
I'm still building my character... it's been on hold as I finish up a contract. Probably have it done before December though Smile
I am hoping to start up before then, but realistically, I have a full ship of crewman that could easily be replacements, or walk on characters.

So if we start up before you're ready, take comfort that there is possible chances to join in later.
roguesquad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kayle Skolaris wrote:
RogueSquad, I'd like to join, but I need to talk to the GM and run some ideas past him. Who do I talk to?

Vong has the right answer. If you follow the link to the game, simply hit the link called, "Request Access", on the actual game site, and you'll end up with a private message directly to me there within the game.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I'm still interested in this. I had my HDD die on me a couple weeks ago and just got a new one. I lost all the stuff I did up for my character, of course, so I have to start over. I'll get something as quickly as possible. If there's no room in the game, I'll certainly understand Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: