The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

New game from WizKids...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> New game from WizKids...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: New game from WizKids... Reply with quote

Don't know if you guys had heard about it (You likely have), but I got to check out the new WizKids Star Wars PocketModel TCG figures!

https://secure.wizkidsgames.com/StarWars/

While the website for 'em sucks, I opened a pack with the Store Owner at my local shop while waiting for people to show up for a Demo I was running.

Just putting them together was fun enough for the the price of the pack!

There's a few complaints about them, mainly the lack of certain types of cards, and lack of complex rules (Which has already been answered, they're working on them, and will release them later.).

Now, for the reason I'm posting. The Starfighter cards have nice Hex bases, perfect for Miniature demonstrations of fighter battles! And you get Three or Four in every pack! Perfect for starting a nice fleet for battles!

A dab of superglue, and they stay together!
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've thought about making them minis for starship battles. The next time I run a Star Wars game I'll be picking them up. I'm currently playing in a D6 Fantasy(ish) Pirates campaign, and the GM picked up a few of their Pirates packs to use in our next adventure. I can't wait to see how it works.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray, you forgot to mention the best part. The coupon for a free pack. Just got the Star Wars Homing Beacon #190 yesterday and learned about the game that way. It also had a link for the coupon. Course you have to find a store offering the free pack, but the coupon has a store locator for that.

https://secure.wizkidsgames.com/coupon/

Wanted Poster
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't forget it.

I just didn't post it because it's not relivent to me.

Note: US Only. And I am not in the US. So, thusly, don't care.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: