The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Another stupid question!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Another stupid question!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JorallEpat
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Another stupid question! Reply with quote

ok, you guys talk about campanes. is a campane just the hole story with diverent missions in it? of is a campane one mission? Also, do make new characters for a new campane? or keep the same ones.
Scrawprin
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually a campaign is several seperate adventures that somehow are connected (usually through the overall story or goal). As for the new characters per new campaign, that's up to you and your group. I personally never made people give up their experienced characters any time we started a new campaign (but then again, I never really ran too many campaigns - it just seemed that way because somehow I would try to tie-in old adventure plots into the next adventure - aka. the Imperial captain that had his smaller vessel immobilized now commands an Imperial Star Destroyer and wants vengance against the players Wink ).
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To use an example that everyone should get... "The Lord Of The Rings".

The Campaign in that is to destroy the "One Ring". That is the overlying task that needs be done. All the other stuff that goes on either a distraction from it, or another step towards assisting it.

That is the very essence of the Campaign. It's the story that you put the group in. With all the twists and turns and setbacks and victories that are involved in the really good stories... The ones everyone remembers.
JorallEpat
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k, I get it now, thanks
Volo Enrunk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your players don't have to know the final goal of the campaign either... my players have no idea what the overall plan is in the thing they're just playing there parts being what ever it is they do. right now they were going to pick up some armor my bounty hunter ordered from he reformed Black sun organization. and he found them all dead now he wants to know who offed his business partners and hope to get his armors out of Corsec impound if he suceeds...
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A campaign can be any length you want. And more adventures or even campaigns can be started at the end of the last. My main story is a never ending array of adventures and campaigns all tied together.

As for new PCs, well, in my game only two of my pcs have kept their original characters, Ragnar included. The others have switched from time to time as they get bord. In the end it's your call, but see what the players think first. Maybe you could fit one or two of the older pcs in the new campaign.

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In our group old PCs never die (well unless they die in game).
They just go into reruns Laughing

And occasional cameos in other campaigns
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: