The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Rebaxan Colmuni MSE-6 "Mouse Droid"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Rebaxan Colmuni MSE-6 "Mouse Droid"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Rebaxan Colmuni MSE-6 "Mouse Droid" Reply with quote

MSE-6 Utility Droid
Model: Rebaxan Colmuni MSE-6
Dex: 2D
Know: 1D
Per: 1D
Str: 1D
Tech: 1D
Equipped With: Electro-photoreceptor, Auditory Sensor, Holocam, Treads,
Retractable Heavy Manipulator (+2D to Lifting), Retractable Fine Manipulator (+1D to Lifting), One Skill Matrix Programmed with one of the following skills: Bureaucracy 3D, Sensors 3D, Hide 3D, Search 4D, Armor Repair 3D, Blaster Repair 3D, Capital Ship Repair 4D, Capital Ship Weapons Repair 3D, Computer Programming/Repair 3D, Droid Programming 3D, Droid Repair 3D, Security 3D, Starfighter Repair 3D.
Move: 5
Size: 0.3 Metres
Cost: 350 Credits

Capsule: The Rebaxan Colmuni MSE-6 Droid was introduced as a low-cost commercial droid by the now defunct Chadra Fan company. The Chadra Fan modeled their droid after a common pet animal from their homeworld; unfortunately, the MSE-6 was an utter failure on the open market because it reminded more everyone else of a scavenger rodent. Each "Mouse Droid" is equipped with one modular circuit matrix, programmed with a single skill. Such matrices are cheap, compact and easy to install, allowing MSE-6 units to perform one task, switch matrices, and move on to a new task.
Availability: 1
Personality Matrix: None

Meynin/35:5:8:09/Bes: It is actually pretty surprising just how versitile
these things are. The last time I blew through Rampa and got shot up (Those patrol gunners keep getting better and better), I brought my freighter to an outlaw tech. The tech's operation was pretty small, consisting of 300 or more MSE-6s and a couple of organics (mostly muscle). He had a pretty elaborate ramp/scaffolding system that he installed on my ship. The scaffolding took a few hours to set up; within minutes of its completion, hundreds of MSEs - Each programmed to repair specific systems - were swarming all over the hull. They did fair work, with minimal labor costs (And it was kind of fun to watch those little beggers zipping all over the hull.).
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MSE-6 Droids (Which the Empire bought up in bulk at an even furthur reduced rate) on the Death Star were equipped with Maps of the facility, to guide the Stormtroopers, Techs, Officers, Pilots, and Janitors when trying to find their way through the Space Station.

The scene with Chewie was actually one that was done "Off the cuff" with no scripting for fun. Certainly was for the audience as well.

Also note that the skill matrices listed are when *BUYING* the droid new, you can then purchase any from the book at the listed price (GMs without that book should just make up a price. The cost for Droid skills are ~150-300 Credits per Die) and shouldn't allow them to go beyond 4D in anything (As these are rather cheap little Dedicated Integrated Circuits.).

I am, however, still trying to figure out why you'd have a Mouse Droid as a Sensor Operator... What does it do when something appears? Unplug from the Senor Suite and drive into your ankle to get your attention???
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if you'd like a picture

http://emperor_palpatine69.tripod.com/Droids/MSE_6.html

Hmmm I'm using that website a lot. People seem to like droids
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My group has always been heavy Droid users... We love our Astromechs and other sundry useful droids.

Hate the bloody Protocol Droids, however... "Target Practice" as a few characters have put it.

One Droid PC, "LE-DO", has been used as a battering ram by Crunch (Both characters run by me)...

1976, a Scout Droid, has... Oh jeeze, I could write a book on what we did with him... Dropped him, head first, off a cliff into a snowbank, and left overnight (We found him moving his legs, as it was "Relaxing and something to do")... Shot by a Disruptor (Not our fault, but it affected him anyhow)... Tried to have him make contact with other species (With disasterous effects)... And tried to use him as an anchor in a Garbage Chute when we all fell on him (This didn't work, and all save I fell down into the Trash Compactor). Some... "Glitches" in his programming due to these events now allow him to insult us... Alot. We aren't having him mindwiped because he has *ALOT* of programming added that'll be deleted, most important of which is that he's trained as a Doctor at pretty close to a 2-1B's level. Handy thing when you're THREE MONTHS away from the nearest hospital installation with a Bacta Tank.

Spidey and the Wolf Pack are a bunch of modified "Pest Control" droids that a certain insane and rich Rodian has. They mostly patrol the "Bob" and shoot things that don't belong.

That's about it for the important droids...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: