The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Another use for Force Points
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Another use for Force Points Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this is one of the tricky things about GMing. You can't possibly describe every object and detail of each room your players enter, and sometimes the mere prosence of this or that can be extremely useful to a player. When I'm a player and I get some clever idea, I will usually ask the GM innocently "Uh, would there happen to be something like a ***** at the far corner of the room", trying to be as reasonable as possible. The GM either makes a judgement call or rolls a dice to decide if it's there. As a player you can't limit yourself to only using the stuff the GM described, you have to help him out in filling in the blanks. Of course, if the GM had said "You enter a fully empty room" then you can't really try to conjure up something from that.
Reyus Graven
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is kind of a neat idea. My only real beef with it is that the force points represent more to me as a force of will that gets you out of harms way or gives you that extra umph to make things happen. A force point doesn't really make something from nowhere.

To counter my own argument though. Sometimes especially when in the stress of combat pc's can miss some of the details around them. A force point spent toward an edge might be somehow noticing that outcropping that would be good to hide against to avoid certain doom. In that way it sort of feels as if the force is guiding them to safety as often the force pulls as often as its pushed.

I would just work that sort of stuff into the game. It keeps things interesting. no force point required. At least it makes a force point one more thing that keeps a person trucking. Better be a good reason for using a force point cause finding a place to hide doesn't usually warrant getting one back. Very Happy

A GM's life is often a headache we both accept willingly and enjoy. We are masochists I think....but one more thing to give us that headache couldn't be too bad if you play well on the fly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: