The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Mandolorain Armor like Boba Fetts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Mandolorain Armor like Boba Fetts Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, you can shoot Boba Fett in the knees if you want to. I think he'd take that personally.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's a real good way to get some very unwanted attention...
Expendable Hero
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always hesitant to give out strong armor in my games ever sense I allowed it the first time. The human with 4d strength after some upgrades ended with 6d resist both types and ended up as strong as our Wookiee. Then another player decided to do the same and I ended up with 3 characters with high defense and 3 that where low. This made it a lot harder to balance the game because in order to challenge the 3 bruisers you either had to have lots of soldiers or big guns. Either way it made life a lot harder for the other 3. However I will say the easiest solution to help keep from killing the weaker players was to use logic. If I see a wookiee and 2 armored gunmen running my way I'll shoot them before I shoot the 3 people behind them with the smaller guns. The other thing to watch out for in this type of situation is if the wookiee starts investing in armor eng. The last thing you want is to have to decide between saying no you can't have armor or yes you can have the smasher armor you designed with the skill you purchased. Either way once armor starts to get out of hand it can get really bad. However if you run into this in your game some easy things to remember to help balance your game are.
Scariest person gets shot at the most. Its what anyone would do IRL
Make people pay to repair damage to there armor, and don't forget to add to the cost if you feel that the upgrades would make it more expensive to fix.
Don't be afraid to go to your player between games and say "look your armor is unbalancing the game so lets work something out to make things fair for everyone."
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big thing i see a lot of people missing on armor, is whether planets they go to are even going to allow said people to walk their streets wearing them. Just like planets have laws on weaponry, i also see them doing the same for armor.

As for your wookie an armor engineering, remember since it is an advanced skill, YOU control who else has it, and whether they teach it or not, as well as what they charge.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, it's not like you can run to the local community college and learn how to build power armor.
TheCrazyDuro
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDK if it has been mentioned but you would need to know where to look. The difference between everything else that has been wiped out and the mandalorians is that Boba is actually the last one. The jedi did a better job then the Sith ever did wiping out an entire race....
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
Ya, it's not like you can run to the local community college and learn how to build power armor.

Yeah...you have to actually take the Phoenix University Online Course.
Expendable Hero
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually crazyduro in some of the new books they still have 2 clans of mandalorians left.
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus the Star Wars galaxy is a really large place, who knows how many Jedi and Mandalorians etc. are hold-up on some unkown planet!

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheCrazyDuro
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do the need to Rewrite continuity to be less amazing then it already is.
Like Darth Bane finding Revan's holocron and getting the idea for the rule of two from it. It isn't contradicting, just annoying as hell
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheCrazyDuro wrote:
Why do the need to Rewrite continuity to be less amazing then it already is.

Just do what I do. Ignore what you don't like.

For example, I locked continuity into what existed prior to the release of the Special Edition movies for the "canon" of my games. I use the expanded universe stuff that I actually enjoy, and simply disregard all the prequel and SE stuff, along with the Yuzhaan Vong material (although that's simply because I haven't read it, and my game takes place during the Rebellion). I've never even looked at the D20 stuff, nor feel the need to bother.

You certainly don't need to restrict your sources the way I have, but if you just use what you actually like, you should be fine.
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also run a campaign in 3,963 BBY, then there would be lots of Mandalorians running around... Just a thought!

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: