The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Yuuzhan Vong
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Yuuzhan Vong
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JorallEpat
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Yuuzhan Vong Reply with quote

Can I have the stats on these plz? I cant seem to find them... they are probably right under my nose some where *starts picking nose*
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Yuuzhan Vong, and the series they're in (The New Jedi Order) came out after WEG lost their contract w/LucasFilm (See earilier post).

However, thanks to "The Rebellion" ( http://www.verminary.com/rebellion/index.html ), you can get their converted stats!

Quote:
Yuuzhan Vong (RCRBd20, page 328; SWd20, pages 253-255)
Average Yuuzahn Vong. Dexterity 2D, Knowledge 1D+2, Mechanical 1D+2, Perception 1D+2, Strength 3D+1, Technical 1D+2.
Home Planet: Unknown
Attribute Dice: 12D
DEXTERITY 1D+1/4D
KNOWLEDGE 1D/3D+2
MECHANICAL 1D/3D+2
PERCEPTION 1D/3D+2
STRENGTH 2D+2/5D+1
TECHNICAL 1D/3D+2
Special Abilities:
Force Immunity: Yuuzahn Vong are immune to all Force powers that involve Sense or Alter.
Move: 10/12
The rest can be found on The Rebellion's Website, along with alot of other goodies!

Another place to find 'em is here: http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/sort.php?s=4bc58f93365ced9aa5a943b57d3f1ae0&action=subcat&sortid=7&pagenumber=&system=d6
JorallEpat
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a long list! I found most of them, thanks
ironwolf56
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to what we see in the NJO books, I'd say that "immunity" isn't entirely an accurate word. More, the use of Force powers of Sense or Alter would take a steep penalty on them, but would probably go down the more you learned about/interacted with the Vong.
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WotC also has them immune to the Sense & Alter sides of the force. 8)

Peter Griffin: "Embrace The Fear." -Family Guy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ironwolf56
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, not anymore. If you pick up the Ultimate Alien Anthology it gives them a resistance to it, but not immunity.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would make sense, to a certain degree. We do see in Star by Star the dark siders using a Force generated energy cage to turn a Vong into itty-bitty pieces, and I do seem to remember Jaina towards the end of the book giving into her anger and frying a Vong or two with Force lightning. Then things begin to change with the introduction of Vong Sense, which seems to be the Force in an entirely different way, one which is attuned to the Vong. By the end of the series we see the truth of the Vong's invisibility in the Force. But even before Star By Star there were hints that the Force could be used as an external weapon against the Vong, you just couldn't do anything internally, i.e. things like Force choke and affect mind, to them via the Force.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: