The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Constructing Lightsabers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Constructing Lightsabers?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Constructing Lightsabers? Reply with quote

I seem to recall there being some rules for lightsaber construction... somewhere. Maybe in Tales of the Jedi? Anyway, it had stuff for different colors of crystals, different things you could do to the hilt, etc. Does anyone know where those rules are? Or would be kind enough to post them?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: The Rules Reply with quote

Tales of the Jedi p. 142

Quote:

“Lightsaber Construction

Jedi apprentices spend a great deal of time and effort constructing lightsabers, and elegant weapon of ancient technologies. The blade helps the Jedi focus, attuning him to the Force so that it more easily flows through him. It is used for combat only when other methods of conflict resolution have ended in failure.

Most Jedi build several lightsabers over a lifetime, each saber more powerful and well-balanced than the last. These improvements reflect the Jedi’s increasing prowess in his use and understanding of the Force. The loss of a lightsaber can so demoralize a Jedi that he momentarily stumbles in his ability to access the Force (losing 1D from all Force skills until he constructs a new blade).

A lightsaber must have the following parts: a power cell, and handgrip, an activation plate, a safety, a belt ring (optional), a blade-length adjuster, an emitter matrix, a recharge socket, a lens assembly, a focusing crystal, and a power conduit. Most handgrips have a length of 23 to 30 centimeters, with blades that extend up to 1.5 meters.

The type of crystal used to focus the energy from the power cell determines the harmonic resonance and lethality of the weapon. Jedi Knights use Adegan crystals almost exclusively, as they have done for millennia. The Adegan family includes the following crystals in order of rarity (the die code in parentheses represents the blade’s base damage when using that crystal): kathracite (3D+2), relacite (4D), danite (4D+2), mephite (5D), and pontite (5D+2).

To construct a lightsaber from its components parts takes a minimum of one month and requires a successful lightsaber repair roll against a Very Difficult difficulty. Decrease the difficulty by one level for each extra month spent building the saber, to a minimum of Easy.

Jedi character may adjust a lightsaber’s base damage die code through modifications (as indicated in the ‘Improving Vehicles, Vessels, and Weapons’ section in Chapter Two, ‘Attributes and Skills,’ of the Star Wars Roelplaying game, Revised and Expanded). Characters rely on their lightsaber repair skill to make such improvements.”

There realy isn't much more to it than that. But there are a few good articles elsewhere on the net that have optional things you can do to the hilt and blade.

The Star Wars RPG Network has a great netguilde here:
http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?s=&id=588

There used to be another crappy netguide out there that had a lot more things you could to do the hilt, but unfortunately it's gone. I've got it on my hard drive if you're interested. I had also done a bit of home-brew stuff, but I didn't have time to balance it all out before abandoning it.
Don't say we never did anything for you. Very Happy
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this the netguide you had in mind? At the bottom of all the weapons they have a guide for lightsaber construction.

Wanted Poster
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Not quite Reply with quote

I've seen that one before, but I fotgot to mention it. I've been looking for the other netguide, but I haven't found it yet. I might just have to put it up on word or PDF format.
RedFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. I think of them so far, I like the SWRPG one better. The other is umm ... I dunno. A little too "kewl" for my taste. It's got "style points" and stuff like lava-lamp saber blades.

I have Star Wars stuff!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not particularly a fan of the lava-lamp saber myself. Just found the site and was wondering if it was the one cheshire was talking about and thought I'd post it to see.

Wanted Poster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: